SO to HO

FireMed

Clown Puncher
Can i put an HO pump on instead of an SO. What is needed, I have an HO motor so i have the pump, key and even the computer if needed.

the only reason im asking is i might need to put it on and i dont have the money to buy a new one right yet. (stupid holidays everybody thinks they need gifts)

thanks jeremie

Nobody? Thats a little disapointing. Surely somebody has done it.

Stay with the SO pump. Actually.. If you have both.. take the distributor out of the SO pump and put it in the HO pump. Then send it to Industrial to have it recalibrated.
When you get it back it's a Hot Rod.

It takes two to make one, but it makes more power than either.

Brayden

Well my truck quit on me and with the holidays im not going to have the money to get another SO pump so i might have to put the HO on. I think my LP went out but if not it will be my last resort.

Oh i have a 12v lp thats only been on for about 2 years so i might be bad. well see when i get the new one.

Im not getting any codes for the VP unless something mech went out. When i checked the fuel canister it was low so that makes me think its the lp.

Jeremie

ya the dealer will do this whenever they dont have an so pump in stock so they stick an ho on. it was a noticable power and smoke gain in my pick up.

You will not be able to get as much HP out of a HO pump as you will a SO pump.

I'm with BScummins..

HO has smaller plungers.. Lower power output potential.. Stick with the SO pump.. Or better yet send your junk pump to Industrial and get a hotrod built.

Brayden

Brayden @ FPE said:
I'm with BScummins..

HO has smaller plungers.. Lower power output potential.. Stick with the SO pump.. Or better yet send your junk pump to Industrial and get a hotrod built.

Brayden

Agreed, I've had a SO/ETC for several years and just resently bought a HO/ETH. I knew buying the HO/ETH truck that it'll never make as much power as my SO/ETC would. I just bought it for the high MPG the trucks are known for.

SmokinCummins said:
Go ahead and put the HO on, it will get you through the holidays.

Do what ya gotta do when Diesel is scratchin at $4/Gallon

I probably sound like a salesman here.. but I've seen with the hotrod pumps injection pressure is increased and mileage can increase as long as your injector size isn't too large. Leaving the drag comp hot on 1 was plenty of power with DD5 injectors. No smoke with a HX35/40 14cm housing.

Like everyone else said .. Do what you need to do.

Brayden