SO Vp44 on ETH?

MOPARDOC

Tree Man
Can you run a SO pump on a HO Truck with out modifications? If so who is running one. I talked to a II rep and he told me it wasn't worth it due to rough idle and no real gain in it.

Rough idle? No gain? Is he nuts? I've got 3 friends that are running SO's on their HO's and all of them noticed higher boost, higher egt's, and more top end pull than with their HO pumps. And all three idle just as smooth as their factory pumps.

Mine idles like a sweet little kitten, made within 10hp of the hot rod pump i had before the SO pump. its def worth it for the HO crowd

Much better top end then the HO pump.

Noticably lower bottom end then the HO pump.

The excuses they make are PURE BULL****.

They do not want to take a HO pump core in on an SO pump. End of discussion. End of story.

I went through this with Rip at Source Automotive when mine went out. He is a 100% no BS guy, and tells you exactly how it is. In the end, it made sense for me to skip the SO pump and go to what he called a SHO pump (Similar to the HRVP). He made no marketing claims to try and get me to buy.. Just said it should fuel similar to an HO down low, and similar to a SO on top.

I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for the replies, I have read alot of threads about VP44s and I was confused when I talked to the guy at II. I think he might have had the impression that my truck was completely stock. He sent me a SO pump anyways. I wanted to be sure before I put that sucker on.:rockwoot:

I have a SO pump on a HO truck. Works well, just a little softer off the very bottom. No rough idle at all, actually it idles better than the HO pump.

With a wire tap, it rips!!!