So what are Flux 4.5s?

Blacksdieselhp

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Ok, so I've been trying for a LONG time to get a straight answer on flux nozzle sizes with no luck. Can anyone tell me what size a flux 4.5 is, lpm, % over stock, hp rating, anything.

flux is a 50 hp per 1, so 4.5 X 50 = 225 hp + a big freakin grin :D

They are for sale if anyone wants them. Going to something different. Check them out in the classifieds.

I was told by Greg at Exergy all of them they flow test run real close to 20 percent over per a flux number so 4.5 =90 percent over stock. What year r they and where they ran with a relief in place. Thanks

They are 04.5. They are mounted on ss bodies that were purchased new with the nozzles. Probably 1500 miles on them and maybe 50 passes. Stock relief in place.

flux 5.x are 80 over so i dont think the 4.5 are 90 over

Thats why Im asking. I have heard so many different claims of how the flux's are sized. Thats why Im done with them. I'm going with something that I can get an actual # on.

I don't diagree with anyone since I don't own or seen in person any of them flow tested. Exergy has the equipment to get real numbers and thats what Greg has tested mine and all the other fluxes that came thru Exergy. I want to know flow not some bs hp number that other injector shops throw around. I am having some new 6.7 nozzles done by them to equal close to flow as my flux 7s which have been flow tested to 140 percent over. Have you had yours flow tested to insure they are 80 over or you heard from someone. Ashley im sure you know but call Greg at Exergy and get real numbers flow data and quality work.

Chris

I don't diagree with anyone since I don't own or seen in person any of them flow tested. Exergy has the equipment to get real numbers and thats what Greg has tested mine and all the other fluxes that came thru Exergy. I want to know flow not some bs hp number that other injector shops throw around. I am having some new 6.7 nozzles done by them to equal close to flow as my flux 7s which have been flow tested to 140 percent over. Have you had yours flow tested to insure they are 80 over or you heard from someone. Ashley im sure you know but call Greg at Exergy and get real numbers flow data and quality work.

Chris
mine were tested at a local shop with a cr test bench and the numbers were higher than 80 by a bit. then an opportunity cam up,through a friend of a friend type deal,and i sent my injects directly to Bosch and had them run on one of thier test stands.the results reported from bosh were very different. i chose to put more srtock in the Bosh findings than my local test bench. i will also say at the 12000 psi the local shop tested my injects at ,or close to that,the flow was pretty decent. when the psi was ramped up to 25000 the rates were not so great...

My 3.5's were tested at Exergy. Average flow was 71% over stock. So the 20 x the flux value applies.

Sent from my DROIDX

Yea, Im waiting on Greg at Exergy to get back with me. Cant wait to get some nozzles with real #s for someone I can actually talk to.

Exergy flow sheets are generally in LPM. Has anyone received an actual flow sheet from them on stockers so that % over can be converted to a litres per minute number.
It is refreshing to be able to get a response and real data from an injector supplier. I picked up two more sets to try and knowing flow instead of a catchy name is helpfull.

Last edited:
1khp injectors with only 2.0L flow. High pressure injection is cool.

So what does a 12V injector have to flow to achieve 1k hp?

Sent from my DROIDX

According to UberMaxim Zipslicks Custom Injectors website, about .07355 acre ft/fortnite.
With Exergy, around 4.5lpm.(give or take a tablespoon or 2)