some help with 48RE

The Legend

Diesel power for the mind
I have just put a TransGo valve body kit / shift kit in my trans and at the same time added a TS Shift Master module. Truck now shifts solid and all seemed to work great, Found that When I manually shift trans to second grear and run it out at about 3000 to 3200 rpm it acts like you kicked it out of gear and almost like it free revs , but if you let out of it it hooks back up and seems to pull back up too max Rpm ? Any ideas I have adjusted bands and all other functions work excellent Has no trans codes ?

anyone have and idea ? Was thinking about putting gauges on trans and see what pressure is doing any Idea's on what pressures should be with this kind of setup ?

It is called a cut loose.... This is why dyno tested valve bodies are great to buy.

Okay so any suggestions or just A jab at my work ?

It's not a jab at your work, it just happens with kits. It is a mass produced item that doesn't always work with every single application on our trucks. It could be a number of things (internal leak, not enough pressure, too much pressure). That is why I said it is nice to have dyno tested valve body, someone is reading all the info on gauges and can treak what needs to be done to make it shift perfectly. Again, it's not your work, it is the product causing the problem. Start by checking all of your pressure (line, 2nd apply, and so on).

Okay thanks was not trying to pick a fight but have worked on and built many other trans. and had no probems before I have not had that much experence with this model trans