Some more dang turbo questions!

powrchoke

ok may finally be able to drop down money for a turbo so wanting to ask more questions such as:
what size is best for me how, much cfm i should look for, whats better and if not better atleast one that is proven, and who should i buy from. i daily drive my truck and plan on stopping at 500-550 rwhp (but you know how that goes) the s300 series caught my eye because of the price being relatively low i was thinking one along the lines of a 62 or 64 but i sled pull as well so bigger was nicer but a little worried about dd. Help is always appreciated and any opinion will be heard i dont no nuthin so i listen to everbody. O yea almost forgot if something should be changed as far as more or less fuel let me know.

Engineered Diesel 62/68/14 or 13 stainless steel.

According to the compd calculator I am at 525-550hp to the wheels.

Call up Chris and tell him you want the "pipefitter model"
Its a 62/68/14.
The turbo is badass. I have ran 3 other different sizes, and this one is the best.

It has engineered diesels "super62" wheel. They took a stock Borg Warner 62 wheel and did a bunch of R&D on it. They then took it to the next level and cut their own. Its supposed to flow close to the same amount of air as a 64 but spool like a 62.
They also put their race cover on. It flows more air.
They also did the 68mm wheel. It flows close to, if not the same amount of air as a 71mm turbine, but spools fast. Weston really likes the 68mm wheels, he said the 71mm wheels are for tractors.
They also did their wastegate actuator rod which is a nice piece.

BTW, I had them upgrade a HTT 62/65/14 I had laying around.

give chris at call at ED. ask him about the 62/68/14 turbo that tony just talked about, i will have the same turbo on my truck in a few days, only difference from tony's is my turbo will have a 13ss turbine housing, which will help spoolup a tad, and has larger internal wastegates. i am also installing a set of Levi's blankets at the same time, i am going to take alot of pictures while im getting things thrown together, and plan on taking some detailed pics of the compressor, and turbine wheels when i get the turbo. this turbo is going to rock!

give chris at call at ED. ask him about the 62/68/14 turbo that tony just talked about, i will have the same turbo on my truck in a few days, only difference from tony's is my turbo will have a 13ss turbine housing, which will help spoolup a tad, and has larger internal wastegates. i am also installing a set of Levi's blankets at the same time, i am going to take alot of pictures while im getting things thrown together, and plan on taking some detailed pics of the compressor, and turbine wheels when i get the turbo. this turbo is going to rock!

thanks yeah keep me posted on how you like it i would really appreciate it take alot of pics

I ran a bell usb for a long time and it worked great for pulling street driving and drag racing.

I have a Phat Shaft 62 and am really pleased with it. I have not read of anyone with 150 HP injectors (fuel only) putting down the same dyno #s as what I have. I have not sled pulled, but I have ran it down the 1/4 mile a few times. I know your truck is a 12V compared to my 24V, but we are looking at the same HP #s at the wheels. The PS 62 spools quick and it drives nice. I wouldn't mind seeing how a Super Phat Shaft 62 does on my truck just for a comparison. If you plan on sled pulling a lot or just pulling a lot, i'd think about a PS 64 or SPS 64 - although probably not as fun on the street as far as spooling goes

Nice colored turbo post! LOL

I'm biased to the 63/68/14, spool up is very close to a 62/65 and flow is as much as a 64/71.

im stuck? i want to listen to you guys but i was thinking of getting an s465 after talking to a friend he says that i can get an s465 for a little more than 900 bucks is this a bad route to go sounds kinda cheap? i have also talked to a man at a performance shop in weatherford texas that seems to really know his stuff and he referred me to the ii turbo as well but price is a problem although if reliabilty is a problem with s465 then i would go with one of these yall r recommending

I have not read of anyone with 150 HP injectors (fuel only) putting down the same dyno #s as what I have.

Humm. You have dynoed 562 whp & 1129 ft/lb with a IIps62 and 150 sticks

I have a SPS62 and i put down 538hp and 1082tq just last Saturday with 90 hp injectors. I have a friend that laid down 551 hp and 1133 tq with a htt 62 and 150 sticks. I don't think you have done anything special. Just my $.02

Yep, I dyno'd over 560 whp on my 3 pulls at a dyno event. Fuel only - no nitrous, propane,....... Thats great if you can put down over 500 whp with only 90 HP sticks on fuel only (whats your secret if that is ligit) & good #s by your friend (that is the 1st truck I have read about that had better TQ #s than my truck with 150 HP sticks). I guess I just have to remember - There is always someone out there that knows more than me. Its great having such helpful friends here :cheer: Good luck picking a turbo POWRCHOKE

Back