Sound deadener under hood

Badb!tch

What sound deadener would you recommend to use on the firewall of a truck. Im wanting to put some on the firewall of my fummins along with some inside the cab. I don't have a plan together for the sound deadener inside of the cab yet either so some suggestions on that is also welcome.

You need the right product for the right job. Deadener isn't a sound blocker if that is what you are looking for. It lowers a panels resonance. You want a sound blocker?

I'd do a layer of Dynamat or equivalent inside the firewall then a 1/2" layer of Dynaliner over that.
The rest of the cab do in about 25% coverage, maybe a bit more on large problem areas with a 1/8" layer of ensolite over that. It'll make a world of difference.

I'd do a layer of Dynamat or equivalent inside the firewall then a 1/2" layer of Dynaliner over that.
The rest of the cab do in about 25% coverage, maybe a bit more on large problem areas with a 1/8" layer of ensolite over that. It'll make a world of difference.

okay ill do that inside of the cab. What do you think I should do on the outside of the firewall? Nothing? The stock heat shield is tore so Im going to pull it off.

I believe dynamat has a product specifically for under the hood? I believe its to protect the paint instead of cancel noise though...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Back