Sound deadener?

roachie

Taco Master
What are some choices other than dynamat for sound deadener?

I want to make the Ford DEAD silent for the long trips. I havent seen any other brands. I did see a guy on PSN using some type of tar based stuff, interior temps get up to 130*+ in the summer so thats out.

Any input?:thankyou2:

They do make a spray on sound deadener that I've seen somewhere... it looked just like Rhinoliner to me.

They have Dup-i-color at Advanced Auto. It's kind'a like a bed-liner spray. I would be scared of high temps with anything. Why not just acoustic foam with sticky on the back? Just cram it in there, stick it and put your roof/pannels back on.

I doubt that acoustic foam will do much in an automtive enviroment.

Go with this right here. Damplifier Pro is better than the Dynamat extreme and considered the best you will find. Combine that with some luxury liner or overkill and the truck should be silent as a tomb. Pretty much what I am planning on doing to my truck

If you want to read more about Second Skin products check out DIY Mobile Audio - Technical, Advanced & Informative I believe its been bought by Ant (the guy who owns Second Skin) but is unbiased, but a very good source for info on high end and DIY audio. Also can check out some reviews of deadener on Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com

Some other good alternatives would be

RAAMat BXT, RAAMaudio - Quality and Value in Automotive Sound Deadening

and FatMat, Sound Deadener Products FatMat Dynamat Xtreme Alternative

Some of those might take 2-3 layers to equal a single layer of Damplifier Pro though.

go to a good stereo shop they would have the spray and the reg sound deadner product ,,,, years ago i used sprayable seam sealer on the floor and inner panels ,,work very good

do the Raam audio!!! that's what I run in all my trucks

X2 on RAAM mat!

Lined my entire cab on my old '05 and it made a huge difference with the resonance, now I just need to do it on my new Mega, except I need to order another roll or two...

So RAAM and I have access to sprayable seam sealer....may do the whole underside of the cab with that stuff........hmmmmm