Sound proofing a fummins

Mofugra

I'm looking to make my fummins a bit quieter. The goal is to be able to go through a drive through without shutting the truck off. I have a muffler so ass end noise is fine it's the 12valve that's causing all the racket haha. So I feel a bit gay for trying to make it quiet but whatever. So I was thinking that the stock hood insulation might help some, but ford wants $300 for it, any other things that could work. Could I put dynamat under the hood or inside the engine bay? Any other tricks???
I thank you and so do the drive through kids

nothing is going to stop the racket the engine makes coming from under the hood

the fte works very very well

nothing is going to stop the racket the engine makes coming from under the hood

the fte works very very well

Thanks I'll have to look into the fte. I was thinking that the rattle was echoing inside the engine bay and that the hood insulation might help.

Dynamat is this stuff that people put inside cabs to cut down noise, stereo guys use it alot too. I just don't know how it holds up to heat eh.

i am using Quick Roof from home depot about $16 a roll
IMG_20101123_174825.jpg

Thanks I'll have to look into the fte. I was thinking that the rattle was echoing inside the engine bay and that the hood insulation might help.

Dynamat is this stuff that people put inside cabs to cut down noise, stereo guys use it alot too. I just don't know how it holds up to heat eh.

that noise bounces right off the concrete from under the truck and through the wheel well.....

i have an fte and you can order over it, but i hate my food gettin screwed up so i wait till they say hello then shut off my truck. ive been told to come around to the window more than once lol

http://www.atpwrap.com/html/dodgecummins.html

There you go. However, It isn't anything resembling cheap. I remember reading a thread somewhere, I think it was on TDR, that guy covered his oil pan with lead and that stopped a lot of the noise. The ATP kit covers the Oil Pan and the Valve cover area and adds hood insulation so I think those would be the places to start.

If you wanted to do it cheaper you could probably use some mass Loaded Vinyl (or lead)

The Dynamat hood liner might help some... all there stuff is good and works very good. I have used tons of it!!! The problem might be bouncing noise off the pavement as stated earlier... But I would go ahead and do the hood and see how it works... For best results do the underside of the hood with Extreme then use the Hoodliner over it... Worked great on my Tahoe and I will be doing it throughout my Dmax project truck especially on the underside of the fiberglass hood!

the quick roof works great and you cant beat the price compared to the commercial sound deadeners.

Back