SOund????

Supershot

What would make my 12v just all of a sudden sound different? It sounds quieter and muffled? Timing slipped? I did not change anything.

thanks

Maybe your hearing has failed. :)
Or..... if you have an EGT gauge, and it looks like its running hotter, then maybe you have a exhaust restriction issue?
Does it have a stock exhaust system? Does it seem to lack power? Any smoke?
Sometimes a question leads to more questions.

It definatly sounds different. I am not the only one who noticed it. It has a full exhaust. It also seems to idle different too. I cant figure it out. Im pretty sure there is no restriction problem.

I would think you would see some drivability issues with timing, like smoke and low power.
Hows it run?

I was told before the timing was wrong before this started. It does blow some white smoke but not all the time. It sort of feels like it misses a little too. It just sounds and idles different now and that just happened all of a sudden, several others have noticed the same thing. I had to jump it one day (that probaly has nothing to do with it) and it seems like ever since then its been like this

Hummm Odd. Very odd. I shall ponder this and report back.
Maybe someone else can chime in?
It seems strange that jump starting would cause a change in engine sound to me also, but everything means something.

Very weird and there were 4 people in the truck with me and they all noticed the same thing. As did others later on. So if my hearing is going bad so are quite a few others:hehe:

Someone shoved a pillow into your exhaust?? That's probably what it was. either that or marshmallows.

Supershot, Have you had anymore start up issues? You said you had to jump the truck once? I had a truck the other day that was doing some pretty strange things and it turns out the battery terminals were a mess. I cleaned them up and it runs like a champ. ???????

Just that one time. When I start the truck and let it warm up for a while when I put it in gear and the rpms move around alot, one second they will go to 500 or below and want to shut the truck off then they will go up to 1000 or so and be fine. Can anyone explain what this is?

You should check for full travel on the shutdown solenoid. Make sure it is pulling up the whole way when you start the truck.

You need to eliminate some things first.

Here is what i would do.

Replace fuel filter
clean battery terminals
Check fuel selinoid for travel
Check fuel selinoid wires and connection

Report back after that.