South Bend SDD 3250 Dual Disk

Desl Pwr

Watching and Learning
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost brand new, barely used dual disk clutch. This clutch uses the stock input shaft and does not require upgraded hydraulics. Great street manners. Stepped up to a 3850 DD for pulling. $1000 shipped OBO. Part number is SDD 3250-5.

From the SBC website:

1989-2003 5sp Transmission Street Dual Disc clutch
SDD3250-5 - Dual Disc for 550-650 hp, 1200 ft. lbs. torque for 1.25" input shaft

Street Dual Disc clutch 1999-2000.5 NV5600 6sp Trans. without HO engine
Note: This transmission supports a 1.250" input shaft that cannot be upgraded to the 1.375" input shaft offered by SBC.

SDD3250-5 - Dual Disc for 550-650 hp, 1200 ft. lbs. torque for 1.25" input shaft

Diaphragm style pressure plate with light pedal pressure, 12 ceramic buttons per side of disc, 550-750 hp with ductile flywheel - not SFI approved.
PM or Call Dave (252)-2zero2-5622

Attachments

• SBC 1.jpg
    SBC 1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 0
  • SBC 2.jpg
    SBC 2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 0
  • SBC 3.jpg
    SBC 3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 0
would you go $600 shipped im not try to low ball you money is running low thanks justin

Still for sale, need this gone. Make a reasonable offer.

$875 shipped seems reasonable. This clutch is in almost new condition and you can see the original machining on the floater plate and flywheel.

It has been brought to my attention that this clutch is not useable as it is. This unit will have to be sent back to SBC for repairs which would cost approx. $300.00. Those repairs would result in basically a brand new unit.

For anyone still interested, $300 shipped. I imagine I could possibly ship it direct to SBC for repairs then they can ship it direct to you.

Same question... And according to your OP, this will also work with a 6sp correct.

Last edited:
As I was cleaning it up the other day, I noticed there was quite a bit of play between the lugs of the floater plate and the recesses of the flywheel. The lugs of the flywheel have holes drilled through them with a corresponding hole in the flywheel. Upon closer inspection, I could see that those holes should have roll pins sticking out which help to keep that floater plate centered. So, I called Mansel at SBC and spoke to him about it. He said it was an old design and that I need to send it in to him to have the flywheel, floater plate and friction discs rebuilt. So basically for the $300 he would charge, the finished product would be a fully rebuilt and updated unit.

Same question... And according to your OP, this will also work with a 6sp correct.

Depends on the six speed. Check out SBC's website, you can see the part number and the applications it is good for.