south carolima cdl ?

Diesel.power

When am I req to have a cdl the laws havee confused. I have a freightliner fl50 cabriolet conversion with air breaks. The gvrw is 20, 000. So if I'm towing My 30ft goose with my sled truck d I ok or being the combined weigjt of freight amd trailer is over 26k do I need a cdl

Yes you need a cdl for over 26k and I'm pretty sure you need them just for the fact that the truck has air brakes

From what I justb gathered from dmv no cdl is required but a class f liscense is stating that u can drive a rv and haul a trailer in access of 26k

Never heard of a class f. I have my class A CDL I'm just going by what I learned but where I love could possibly be different

If your truck has living quarters it is considered an rv....therefore does not require a cdl,towing or not..last i knew..that may have changed. Its something to look into..

When am I req to have a cdl the laws havee confused. I have a freightliner fl50 cabriolet conversion with air breaks. The gvrw is 20, 000. So if I'm towing My 30ft goose with my sled truck d I ok or being the combined weigjt of freight amd trailer is over 26k do I need a cdl

You need a CDL because the conbined GVWR is over 26k.

Yes you need a cdl for over 26k and I'm pretty sure you need them just for the fact that the truck has air brakes

Air brakes DO NOT require CDL.

If your truck has living quarters it is considered an rv....therefore does not require a cdl,towing or not..last i knew..that may have changed. Its something to look into..

AN RV used in commerce is not exempt from CDL.

PoPo hit the nail on the head.

All the rules from state to state are the same as far as what kind of vehicle requires you to obtain a CDL. The only differences are the testing processes.

Back