south of st. louis MO

JFlagg said:
You have a real nice truck now, but it would kick ass if it had a Cummins under the hood :rockwoot:

I totally agree, so if anyone knows what it would take or if anyone has ever done it, or if its even possilbe with these newer trucks. PLEASE let me know, I dont even care If I have to use the dodge transmission as long as its a Manual!!!!!! I've seen a number of 2002 and 2003 cummins motors on ebay with like 50,000 miles on them, but I figured if I could do this it would probably be easier with an older one, but I really have no Idea, it just seems there would be less electronics etc.

8.1Handshaker said:
I totally agree, so if anyone knows what it would take or if anyone has ever done it, or if its even possilbe with these newer trucks. PLEASE let me know, I dont even care If I have to use the dodge transmission as long as its a Manual!!!!!! I've seen a number of 2002 and 2003 cummins motors on ebay with like 50,000 miles on them, but I figured if I could do this it would probably be easier with an older one, but I really have no Idea, it just seems there would be less electronics etc.
You can keep you tranny. And a 12V would make the swap easier, but there are more and more CR swaps happening lately....It would take more money and more work but a CR swap would be way better than the 12V. BUT the 12V will take alot less wiring and you could get one cheaper. Plus they actually sound like a diesel, the CR don't sound very good IMO. You can make crazy power with either one, but the CR you can use electronic upgrades....

JFlagg said:
You can keep you tranny. And a 12V would make the swap easier, but there are more and more CR swaps happening lately....It would take more money and more work but a CR swap would be way better than the 12V. BUT the 12V will take alot less wiring and you could get one cheaper. Plus they actually sound like a diesel, the CR don't sound very good IMO. You can make crazy power with either one, but the CR you can use electronic upgrades....

do you know of anyone in our area that does any swaps like this, i dont have the mechanic abilities to do a project like that, plus I'd rather have someone that really knows what there doing, do it.

MCS diesel in Gray Summit is doing a Supy Duty/Cummins implant, no reason they couldn't do a Chevy/Cummins project. I do know the Super Duty is a more straight forward job since its been done hundreds of times already. you can buy almost everything you need for it and bolt it in. But with your truck there might be more one-off fabricating. Not sure if MCS does that or not. That, and I don't know what you would be looking at cash wise for that kind of project.....PM me if you want MCS's number though, I have it in my speed dial.

Or you can just call keith. Sure he would sell you that ford hes got up there.

2Tone12V said:
Or you can just call keith. Sure he would sell you that ford hes got up there.
At this point I'm betting Keith is thinking about it...:hehe:

Back