southbend clutch trouble???

stroker450

I have had my south bend for six months, its the 550 hp fe it's slipping when shifting quickly through gears. this is my third south bend and my clutch pedal hasn't felt as stiff as any of the others from day one. I have already replaced the hydros so i know they are good. When i got my replacement clutch kit that included the new pressure plate and clutch plate i was shipped the 450 con ofe. so i called them and got the 550 clutch plate. Im thinking i could have gotten a light load pressure plate???my buddy's feels twice as hard with the same clutch and holds great with half of the stuff that i have done to mine. any one else had this soft pedal light grabbing problem??

So far as I know the plate load is the same on both clutches, just a different material on the disk itself. Best bet is to give SB a call on Tuesday, it definitely sounds like you have some kind of issue.

Def give Southbend a call- ask for Peter or if he is not available ask for Mansel. Southbends customer service is top shelf!

Back