Spearco Warranty?

Red Stroke

Does anyone know what spearco's warranty is? I just popped my intercooler and I was planning on running on the Dyno next weekend at TS.

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

I guess they have new cast tanks now due to so many of these popping. I wonder if they have an exchange program? This is going to suck if my intercooler keeps me from going to TS. I have been bustin my butt to get my truck ready!

Adam, The one Glenn and I looked at this weekend for a duramax looks like they add support rods welded to both sides of the tank to reduce flexing. I am really suprised that both of these blew with such little boost. I have their catalog right next to me and it states 200psi.

Last year Bean blew one up a few days before the TS race. Same failure. Spearco had a new one shipped to TS and was waiting on us when we got there. Spearco/TN had a rep at the TS race last year. Good Luck

Mine took about 10 days including shipping. I had a nitrous pop and blew it open about 8"s up and down opening up to an 1" at the widest point. When it came back I could barely tell it was the same intercooler and they also updated it with the rods welded in the end tanks for support.

I was very pleased.

Sure do seem to be a lot of Spearco's splitting like that....I'm just sayin....
It's a good thing they have that outstanding warranty....

Seeing thats a known failure, I would think they should warranty it. I popped mine last year, 39 psi max boost.

From what I have heard Spearco has been pretty good about warranty.

Yeah thats what I have been hearing too. Hopefully they hook me up so we can do some tuning before the 8 hr drive. Man the drive down to GR with the gooseneck was interesting, I could watch the fuel gauge drop. Constant smoke out the stack, now the whole side of the gooseneck is black.

How much boost made it pop? Seems there has been a few poped here lately. Gus blew one not too long ago too, Not sure why their not staying together and the stock ones dont seem to have too many troubles.

From what I gathered the tanks are so big they expand with boost and contract afterwords fatiguing the welds/aluminum. I guess they redesigned to eliminate these problems.

Well I got a new cast tank Spearco intercooler coming from Josh at Deeds Performance. Heck of a nice guy for getting me out of a pinch. Should have it here Wednesday.