speed limiter

jshdappel

anything diesel
i have an 04 with the edge box and in cab contoller. the truck still shuts down at 95. any suggestions.

Pcm has a table to limit power at that mph. Something has to intercept the info coming over the databus from the ABS to tell it you aren't going that fast.

Do you like the edge? Then keep it and deal with it. If you want more control ditch it and run SCT.

Pcm has a table to limit power at that mph. Something has to intercept the info coming over the databus from the ABS to tell it you aren't going that fast.

Do you like the edge? Then keep it and deal with it. If you want more control ditch it and run SCT.

x2...........

thanks for the reply. sct has an incab controller correct? how much do they run? also im leaking coolant pas. side back of motor and havnt had time to check, theres no coolant in oil and i cant smell it in exhaust. any suggestions on problem?

I know there is a coolant line somewhere back there. It runs to the egr cooler. Have a look underneath your turbo. I believe it runs thru there.

thnx. i kinda thaught mayb that was the problem. i just need to do away with that hole system it gives me 2 many problems and has been thrown codes again. is the delete kit easy for a maderatley experianced person?

No in cab controller, you load a tune into the PCM using the OBDII port under the dash, then you can take it inside the house if you want. Quit thinking about changing levels on the fly. Thats bad for your tranny, and unnecessary. Use your right foot to adjust power. Been working that way for a long time for me.

Back