speedo

cummins1500

10's or go home
has anyone ever had problems with there speedometer ? i just put a 3.55 rear in my truck and no speedo its pluged in on the rearend and tail shaft of trans

Could still be the speed sensor in the rear end. Do you have the old one that was in your truck?

might of got messed up when you did the gear change, maybe the speed sensor got hit when they were swaped out. you can do an ohm test on it.

i swaped a whole rear end and the truck i took it out of worked fine . but ill put my old sensor in and try that . i also had my tailshaft changed on my trans and they put a brand new sensor in it . idk what it could be

Far as I know the speed sensor in the tranny is just for the PCM to look ( along with the TPS) at for shift points. The sensor in the rear end is the one that controls the speedo.

if i'm right the sensor in the rearend above the ring gear controls the abs for the rear at least on the ford rearend i swapped into my 97 thats what its for for the abs ring next to the ring gear, but then again i could be wrong just my 2cents the sensor with the gear in the tranny does the speedo i thoguht
-jon