spitting and sputtering at WOT w/lvl 5 edge

bigtorque

sounds like its running out of fuel. Its nothing crazy...
Edge
Intake
4in ex.
runs good untill lvl 5 and on the top end it spits and pops like its out of fuel..

if this is the case, he thinks he can fix the problem with an airdog .

i was thinking he should get an industial injection modified CP3.

any thoughts i can pass on, thanks !

nothing that i was told? customers truck at a friends shop.

- i will call tomorrow and see if there is anything else, and see if the edge is custom or off the shelf.

throuw on the raptor and lookin into an arson or bag of parts for the cp3. Will be alot cheaper

--so just the Raptor 150, should fix the fuel problem.

question,
Raptor 150 vs. Airdog 150 (both flow 15-17 psi) both flow 150 gph..........

would the Airdog 150 do the exact same thing as the Raptor, plus eleviate all air in the fuel ?? if so, wouldnt the AD be the way to go, if price were not an issue.

Last edited:
Mine does the same thing on the HOT unlock. But it's not running out of fuel. Rail pressure is good. Very strange. Doesn't matter anyway since I use it as gauges, but it's done it the only 2 times I've tried it after unloading my programmer to test it. Hit 40psi boost instantly though. That was impressive.

No stacking on mine. That's a no-brainer. And the OP isn't stacking, obviously, since he listed no other timing-altering mod. Maybe a bad harness or connection?

talked to my buddy, he stated the owner sent the edge in for one custom tune, (from edge) after he bought it,(this is the tune it pops in at wot) i dont know enough about Edge for the cummins to make a good suggestion.......
he is going to see what the rail preassure is in that tune next..

--IMO, this one tune from edge has too much timing--