Spraying a 1st gen?

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Has anyone tried it? From what I have heard it is easy to get 250-300rwhp with 'em stock w/the pumped turned up and maybe some injector, anyone tried to clean things up with a small shot of *nx* ??

It doesn't take much more turbo to burn up the fuel you can get with a ve pump. you can get 500+ but it's hard.

Nitrous works the same as any other Diesel, only with less fuel to begin with. Cleans things up, lets you spool a bigger single turbo on the strip than would otherwise be possible. EGT reduction, more air available to burn...

Has been done.

my truck went 315 on the motor at redding last wknd. didn't have the pump turned up all the way but was still smokin'. spools up slower w the smoke screw in. 427 w a 80 jet nos.

Why would you want to spray a 1st gen? That would be cheating...$.02

I would rather make a fast 1st gen on fuel only, but thats just me.

It's a first gen, you have to cheat to be fast...

Yeah, you've got a point :lolly:

But I still don't like NX for some reason. Maybe because in the movies all the ricers have them?

my truck went 315 on the motor at redding last wknd. didn't have the pump turned up all the way but was still smokin'. spools up slower w the smoke screw in. 427 w a 80 jet nos.

I saw that thing, it was sweet! I guess we'll see what mine does, I'm going to upgrade my compressor soon and step up to a .125 nozzle. Going to make dyno runs with a .070 and no jet *nx*

what exhaust housing you going to run on the turbo?

Stock...18.5.....don't wanna overspeed it. I am getting a compressor upgrade which should help since the impeller is usually what comes apart. If I run more than one stage I'm going to wastegate it. Some people have had the HTT upgrades at 50-60psi so I feel safe. Man, you're up late!! :Cheer:

My setup even with a 38mm external gate jumped over 10 psi with nitrous. Gained 130hp with two small solenoids with no jet or nozzle, lowered egts big time.

My setup even with a 38mm external gate jumped over 10 psi with nitrous. Gained 130hp with two small solenoids with no jet or nozzle, lowered egts big time.

You still runnin a stock turbo? That's impressive! Yeah I have two big stages (.125 solenoids and a -6 line) but I am too chicken to use that much bottle yet. I only see 30psi on the dyno w/o nitrous, so as far as just making power numbers I think I'll be ok. I probably need to wastegate it if it is at the track. I saw a big egt drop too, even with only a .070 jet and like 700psi bottle pressure my EGTs went from 1600 to 1200-1300 degrees on a 0-90mph run.

Juice

I saw that thing, it was sweet! I guess we'll see what mine does, I'm going to upgrade my compressor soon and step up to a .125 nozzle. Going to make dyno runs with a .070 and no jet *nx*

Hey JQmile whats up? I was wondering what solinoid you had before you tryed it with out a jet? Plus with my nozzles you have to have some size jet in it for it to seal? Just curious, i have been playing around with all diff. combos and jets, it sure will make em spool better! I currently have 3 nozzles in mine but have very small jets, just trying to fiqure out what it likes. Good Luck:woohoo:

It defenitly doesn't seal right, I can tell ya that much LOL....besides I have had low bottle pressure, and my nozzle right now I found is only .076 so that's about the biggest I can run which is a bummer. Diesels can take a lot of nitrous! I know of a few trucks that are running two or three stages at over .100! Start out small though, and go up from there, what size jets you running right now?

Ya you have to run a jet of some size just for the tapered seat.
PM sent..