Spring question

Howling

Soot Sniffer
Zach,

I just put a set of your springs and pushrods in my 06,have not fired it yet still have to wrap a few things up.

I read on another forum that there is a large side and a small side to your springs I was not aware of this.First time I heard of this.How do you tell which is the larger side and how critical is this.I all ready have the valves adjusted.:bang

Eric

YOu sure your not refering to the Pushrods?

I know on his hd pushrods the exhuast pushrod is larger in diameter than intake.

Any info,I really do not feel like laying on top of the engine for a few hours again.

I could tell just by looking at mine in the box which side was the larger size... can you tell while they're in the truck?

Sorry I was in the shop most of the day. There is a .045 taper to the spring to reduce mass on the top a bit. If you mic it that would be the best. Another way to tell is to put the retainer in one end it will be loose, snug in the other. If they are put in upside down, I don't think it will be the end of the world, Just more like a straight spring. If you have any more questions call me at the shop.
1-512-778-6150

Zach Hamilton

Thanks for the reply Zach will look at the truck and determine if any are upside down.Is it stated any were that one side is .045 larger on any paperwork in the box cause I sure don't remember reading that.

Eric

When you put the retainer on it you can see the difference in size.