sps66, htt 64/71/14 ss or a5k?

tristan21

So I have the opportunity to get a turbo and I need some advice.

I have whats in my sig on my truck and have a few things waiting to be installed. I have also recently aquired some 80hp inj,(are Don's inj really that much different from the others), snow stage 2, and head studs.

What I am thinking of doing is getting a TST (for the little extra fuel, preassure gauge, timing adjustment etc,), and one of those 3 turbos. Unless you have a better suggestion :blahblah1:

I originally wanted the htt to use in a set of twins as the top turbo(but im seeing alot of problems out of them right now), to save having to buy it later. But now im thinking i'll go with the A5k and just sell it down the road and buy both of them at once.

I do still need to tow with it a little but its mild and im hoping the larger inj. will help the lower power band a little until I hit spool up.

Do you think the cam and lifters would be a better decision than the TST if it comes down to that on the driveability level? :blahblah1:

Those 3 turbos arent really all that comparable to each other. The A5K is a lot bigger than the httss64, or sps66. Seems like a lot of people really like the new Silver Bullet line from Industrial Injection. They offer them in a 62, 64, and 66.

I know it sounds odd but I was comparing these turbos becouse thats what I was finding in the classifieds alot. Easiest to get my hands on for a bargin.

Tristan, I am pretty sure I told you this the other day but just in case I forgot. If you do buy a brand new turbo IMO I would get a SB over the SPS 66. JMO

Thanks Will, I do remember you saying that. All those were some used turbos and that is why those were my choices. Im gonna get the A5K and be done with it. Ive made my mind up. Its gonna work for me and im just gonna live with the street performance. Maybe a cam will be soon to follow.

Too late just sent the 1500 paypal. I bought the a5k. Is that still to much if the turbo is low miles?

I think thats about right. I am sure you could have done better but you sure could have done worse too.

Keep us posted on how she does. I am eager to haer your thoughts on the A5k. If it is too big I might know a guy who might work somethin out with ya on a SPS 66.....

tristin21, what are the problems with using the HTT for the top turbo?

hey are you stacking that smarty and if so does it help push any more fuel or just timing just wondering I have a 01 like yours stock/pro street 66 twins, 11 hole dragon flows, hot rod pump, water injection, ported oringed head, arp's, high perf springs, SB clutch, stacks, ladder bars, 35 bfg's 580hp 1140 torque @ rwh

The smarty has different settings...It has settings for the Fuel only, and it also has setting for timing and fuel. So it can be used on diff kinds of boxes...example fuel and timing for a Redline since they are a fuel only box, or a setting for just fuel if you are using a Comp, that is a fuel and timing box.
Hope this helps.

Rick

bcummins said:
I have a 01 like yours stock/pro street 66 twins, 35 bfg's 580hp 1140 torque @ rwh

Umm, is that a hx35 on top of the 66? Looks like they work good!