SRW wheels on DRW hubs

Nor'Easter

I have a Dana 80 C&C axle that I want to use in combination with regular SRW wheels. This is to get an overall narrower track so it's proportionate to the 50s truck it's going under.

Does anyone know if this is plausible/ safe? I bolted a set of Fuel wheels I had on the other day and while everything started fine, it seemed like the center bore of the wheel was a few thousands too tight over the corresponding axle hub. I used a set of tapered lugs on the original studs and they went on fine.

I know the original dually wheels are hub centric not lug centric. Looking at aftermarket wheels, the bore is 125.2mm on both dually and SRW wheels.

Last edited:
I ran an SRW rim for awhile on a C&C drum rear with no issues.

The only thing is that with most srw rims the dually drum would be showing.

I know the original dually wheels are hub centric not lug centric. Looking at aftermarket wheels, the bore is 125.2mm on both dually and SRW wheels.

Pretty much every OEM wheel is hubcentric. Its in the aftermarket where you get lugcentric much more commonly.

I ran SRW on my DRW rear end for the better part of the year. To the untrained eye, you'd never know the difference.

Great, thanks guys.

On a similar note, anyone know if the 80 backing plate is interchangeable with the 70 backing plate? I heard you can run the 80 shoes on a 70 backing plate.

Back