SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Ok I dont see anyone with any issues. So for anyone whom has a swapped CR into something other than a completely stock truck this SSR will not work so do not buy one. Truck runs perfect flawlessly stock or with the pod-06. Not sure why the SSR dont work.

Ok I dont see anyone with any issues. So for anyone whom has a swapped CR into something other than a completely stock truck this SSR will not work so do not buy one. Truck runs perfect flawlessly stock or with the pod-06. Not sure why the SSR dont work.

Then how come Unbroken can run SSR in his Ford that he swapped a CR into?
Or am I reading your post wrong.....?

^^^^Good point Buddy

Have you tried to get a hold of Bob Wagner and discuss your issue? That's a pretty big statement to be making

Last edited:

I have a highly modded CR swapped into a Ford....my TNT-R ran fine....SSR runs better.
It damned sure WILL work.

Then how come Unbroken can run SSR in his Ford that he swapped a CR into?
Or am I reading your post wrong.....?

I read it the same way you did...he's flat ass wrong.

Have you tried to get a hold of Bob Wagner and discuss your issue? That's a pretty big statement to be making

Pissed off guy flapping his gums about something he knows nothing about.
There are several CR swap Fords running SSR that I know of and they all run perfectly fine.

well I have a 2 gen swapped truck and my beta SSR box works and pod-06 works. This SSR I have will not come off throttle. Wont even rev to 1k rail pressure does not move. apps works and validation signal works still nothing. I sent an email to teh smarty tech email no reply and have not herd from either here.. I have all the parts swapped into the truck EXCept the ABS module. interior cluster IPM everything this SSR infact does not work. I tried the update they posted on here and still nothing.

So you tell me what the issue is then.

Not pissed off at all. Just letting people know what Im seeing... Maybe my unit is back I dunno

Last edited:
Sounds like a hardware issue then....give Bob time to see this or your email to help figure it out.

I just got back in from out of state and updated to 1.2....runs perfect around town. About to head out to my private test track for a real workout.

how many folks are playing around with torque management settings? I started off at 2 worked all the way down to 0 ( stock ) and thinking of heading back to 2, possibly 3 to see what way that plays with the settings on LL.

Here's my nights experiment.
LLT 15
HLT 30
LLR 15
HLR 30
LLD 15
HLD 32
Tq 2
High RPM
Speed 250

Mods for comparison:
150's
Twin pumps
62/71/14 over an S478
MaxSpool 2 cam

General driving in traffic I can drive it almost smoke free with a light foot. Anything over 1/4 throttle is a smoke show, gets under the chargers and takes forever to build boost and drive through it. I have some LL work to do for sure.
EGT's are up 50 to 700 driving at 80 mph.
Roll on's from 70 or so bring almost instant RP up to 25,000. Cruising at 75ish it's 14,500 like always. Much smoother without the MP8 but doesn't feel quite as strong...might just be missing that big hit from cranking the knob wide open all at once.

All in all very drivable at highway speeds but I gotta work on that smoke down low some more.

Oh yea...still haven't seen 4000 rpm in OD. By 3600 it's going way too fast for any public road and still pulling so hard it's not even funny. Didn't even look at boost...moving to fast to take a peek.
EGT's topped out at 1450ish according to the recall on my MPD at well into triple digits.
TNT on 9 wouldn't break 1200...ever. The rise in EGT's paired with the visible haze that used to completely clear up says it's definitely fueling up there where the old stuff fell off.

Last edited:
try moving the torque management to stock and report on street driving. you should have more throttle resolution.

I had it on 1 at first...held 1st gear under light throttle to about 20mph then slammed into gear. I'll try 0 in the morning. I know from my last settings before the update that Tq4 ain't for me. LOL

Oh yea...still haven't seen 4000 rpm in OD. By 3600 it's going way too fast for any public road and still pulling so hard it's not even funny. Didn't even look at boost...moving to fast to take a peek.
EGT's topped out at 1450ish according to the recall on my MPD at well into triple digits.
TNT on 9 wouldn't break 1200...ever. The rise in EGT's paired with the visible haze that used to completely clear up says it's definitely fueling up there where the old stuff fell off.

sounds good

llt 13
hlt 23
llr 10
hlr 30
lld 14
hld 40
i had to change my settings a bit with the new update they seem more sensitive. it still cleans up really fast and hit about 85 for boost egts r 1400 and dp is about 80 pulls hard all through the rpm

I just dropped my torque from 3 to 2 had a surge at light throttle at 1400 rpm & at 1800, not bad, could hardly notice. But the throttle was just to snappy for towing, but a blast for playing! Have not updated yet to 1.2, but any way torque on 2 no other changes surge is gone & truck is easy to work with. will save 3 for fun

Just to let everyone know my first time on the dyno with the SSR was today at Addicted diesel performance's dyno day. I put down 1000.9 with my Smarty TNT, I also did 1117 With my Smarty TNT and NOS. At the end of the day I decided to try and use the SSR, I laid down 1066 Fuel only uncorrected at just shy of 7000 ft above sea level. I have videos that i will be posting up where you can noticed the difference between the timing rattle. It pretty much disappears with the SSR. Ill post my numbers tomorrow.

SOunds like you had a good day. Mine was so good guy didnt know much on loading dyno with diesel.

Back