SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Just to let everyone know my first time on the dyno with the SSR was today at Addicted diesel performance's dyno day. I put down 1000.9 with my Smarty TNT, I also did 1117 With my Smarty TNT and NOS. At the end of the day I decided to try and use the SSR, I laid down 1066 Fuel only uncorrected at just shy of 7000 ft above sea level. I have videos that i will be posting up where you can noticed the difference between the timing rattle. It pretty much disappears with the SSR. Ill post my numbers tomorrow.

Nice numbers!!!

So it looks like you picked up almost 66 hp with the SSR.
Not a bad start to testing with it!

Nice numbers!!!

So it looks like you picked up almost 66 hp with the SSR.
Not a bad start to testing with it!

I sure did, couldnt believe the difference it made on the dyno. However, it didnt compare on the start with my TNT. I had to pull over and swap back to it. DK wtf is going on lol but i never have any luck when driving with the ssr. Any suggestions?

Code:

Ok guys I took my truck back to stock and put the update on the SSR and set everything back to these same settings. I now get a pop/miss and a touch of white/grey smoke anytime I'm cruising and get off the throttle then back on throttle around 2000 Rpms. Not flooring just hard enough to maintain speed. It's the worst if you downshift and get back on it. I even tried the settings similar to stock as well as others, still does it. Set truck back to stock and have no issues. Suggestions? Could I be draining the rail? I have a digital RP gauge and doesn't drop anymore than it has been but I also doubt it reacts fast enough to see it.

Messed with it somemore still popping like crazy. Switched my ssr with a buddies that did not have the update and all my problems went away. We put mine on his 07 and he had all the same popping white smoke issues I had. Im out of town running stock for now. I plan to update it again when i get home to be sure nothing happened during the update process. Marco is there a way you can send me the original version?

Messed with it somemore still popping like crazy. Switched my ssr with a buddies that did not have the update and all my problems went away. We put mine on his 07 and he had all the same popping white smoke issues I had. Im out of town running stock for now. I plan to update it again when i get home to be sure nothing happened during the update process. Marco is there a way you can send me the original version?

My money is on the reload of the update. Sounds like a computer gremlen got in there somehow if it does it on both of your trucks.

Ive got a question, is this SSR SW the old TNT tuning just with alot more adjustability or is this all new SW and tuning???

Sorry for the dumb question fellas......

BTW I should have my SSR by mid week.....

Ive got a question, is this SSR SW the old TNT tuning just with alot more adjustability or is this all new SW and tuning???

Sorry for the dumb question fellas......

BTW I should have my SSR by mid week.....

It's all new stuff from what I can gather. Just look at dockboy's graphs. :) a complete 180.

Will the 04 ECM fuel these high RPMS like the 06 trucks do? Ive got the fuel mods to support..

the 1.2 software is nice. the low level rattle is gone. I watched the exhaust in a low to high transition, it got cleaner! lol

18/18/18 and 26/26/26

tuning question:

if I'm under the charger, 10psi or less. 3rd gear, low level power range and accelerating slowly then give it a bit more throttle it feels like it slows, or a dead spot, then picks up with boost. what should I change? less timing?

drive pressure, what should I do to lower that?

i lowered the LL settings to LLT 16, llr 16, lld 18 and I have a lot of popping and missing with 1.2

I changed TQ to 0, LLT up to 18, LLD down to 12 and left LLR at 15.
Gonna give that a shot here in a bit after I take my daughter home...will report back later.

i lowered the LL settings to LLT 16, llr 16, lld 18 and I have a lot of popping and missing with 1.2

Sounds like 3 trucks now with this issue. Our 2 was the worst if you downshifted and tried to give enough throttle to maintain speed. Also just getting on and off throttle while cruising. We tried the non updated SSR on both trucks with exact settings and had no issues! I tried to get my buddy to trade me his non updated one, I told him my updated one was special!!!:blahblah1:

well, rich has an 03 with no issues. we do.

no biggie. it's beta for a reason

Marco, the problem seemed to be better with warm coolant. it was worse with a cold motor.

im playing with high level duration tonight. 30 may be my limit. rail held at 21-22,000. I'm upping the high level rail from 28 to 32 right now . timing on 28. smoke free!.

for some reason i thought torque management Was on stock with number 1. :( so more re testing LL numbers

Last edited:
I left my settings the same as posted above except for the TQ.
Tried 0...hung the 1-2 shift at light throttle out to about 20 mph. Raised it to 1 and it was better but still hanging it a bit. Bumped it up to 2 to try in the morning.
The above settings seem to have a handle on the medium throttle smoke at low speeds but I need daylight tomorrow to verify 100%.
Settings felt good, no rattle...right now I'd say these are the LL settings I'll wind up keeping.

Rail holds 25,000 at WOT in OD with HLD on 32. Guess I need to jump on a dyno to fine tune that with the HLT. That might wait a bit though...pulling the whole interior next weekend for a stereo rebuild with new amps, new sub and fiberglass a-pillars for the mids and tweeters. That's gonna take a while.

Edit...the popping issue. I noticed it twice on the original version but only at a WOT downshift. I forced that shift a few times yesterday and today and do not have the issue anymore.

I definitely miss the "hit" of the MP8 being cranked wide open...but I'll take power across the board over that spike any day.

Last edited:
Marco, do you have plans to update 1.2 before Thursday if you have an idea on the popping?

... I could rev it and get a little puff still. 1st, 2nd, 3rd seem to wanna "run away" but I'm curious if it was transition to HL or to much rail pressure gain? around 2500 it was pulling faster. again, zero smoke...

....rolling into the throttle and once it hit 35psi chit took off! I quickly let out of it, trans still cold, didn't think it would come up that hard..... no surge either! There was a nice haze tho behind me ;-) not a big deal...

Is the transition from LL to HL more consistent with rpm or boost?

Is the transition from LL to HL more consistent with rpm or boost?

calculated load from what I understand.

However, if you keep a very light throttle input and let it run out the rpm's in a low gear (3rd in a manual for example) around 2800 high level kicks in. :) now sure if the ECU see's the higher load at this rpm or not.

This is with software version 1.1.

Back