SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Too little timing...and too much duration...maybe even too much pressure. Basically too much fuel too late.

If you have to ask that question you should not be tuning your own truck with SSR. Go back to TNTR or Revo. I call bs on those mileage numbers on a dually....unless down hill with tailwind driving 10 under the speedlimit.

post 3000 woohoo :bang and still no answers! Can't get over 18mpg with SSR and my 06 POD was 22.5mpg on #5 at POD 70 So I know it's possible but how? What did high egt's mean again? to much timing?

You have a 06 truck right? Forget pissing in the dark, entering random #s that you have no clue what they do and hoping for the best...... Actually tune it!

And on that note, any info more info on this udc Bob? At least what what are the goals for this new product.

lol Man O life I wounder if EFI is having the same crap... What number do I use, what do i put in for 1,000hp my truck runs like crap its the tunner fault.. If you dont understand the theory of how this works please buy a edge again or go back to a p06. I dont even wanna read this crap anymore because its stupid! My truck is rattling and popping I have 100's and a little turbo that spools slow and rattles blah blah blah buy your EFI and tell use how things got worse for you!

so you are saying guys like triton, swole, myself, don't know wtf we are doing? and havent tried hard enough? Bull****! every truck runs different, and has special needs. If you can't see that you have just been lucky. Come on out to NJ, knock yourself out with the SSR and if you can cure its ills, I'll pay you're plane ticket, hotel for the week, and toss 3 grand on top of that. think you can do it? good fkn luck.

jason try TM3 50/50 50/50 50/50

so you are saying guys like triton, swole, myself, don't know wtf we are doing? and havent tried hard enough? Bull****! every truck runs different, and has special needs. If you can't see that you have just been lucky. Come on out to NJ, knock yourself out with the SSR and if you can cure its ills, I'll pay you're plane ticket, hotel for the week, and toss 3 grand on top of that. think you can do it? good fkn luck.

Hmm this offer has my interest... To bad I'm a rookie tuner that has a small 66mm snail.

I'm just tired of folks with experience on only one truck, or several, and a narrow mind that there could be other issues out there, that may not affect their truck, but do exist in the real world. As Marco said, there are a lot of Operating systems out there, and each one runs its own way. It is not the person trying to tune the truck, but a lack in the adjust-ability to tune out an issue.

Sounds good.. But what we will do first is sit down find out what HP you want and how you wanna use the truck. WE will then Put the parts on to get that achieved and Ill tune the **** out of it.. And IF ITS NOT GONE Ill repay you for all the parts and costs!

And if Im right you will pay for the wages Ive not made being home and doing this here locally! And we will go with an average of my income with $500 a day! ;)

But Im not taking blame at burnt up tranmissions or broken drive line parts!

I have tunned about 20 trucks with SSR 03-07's None have any rattling issues... I have three of my own one 04 05 and 07.... None of witch rattle Two of them have compounds

But Im sure you under stand the rotating mass and RPM and how fast a charger is producing boost and at what volume. Hence why you cant see how mismatched parts cant be tunned out.. You want to bandaide that with EFI live.. Even then its not fixed its just bandaided over and not letting the setup be at its potential!

Your like the guys with gas motors trying to run a huge carb on a lawn motor.. $hit cant be tunned out homie

Whats your convertors stall speed? What type of stator is in it? Whats your gear ratio and tire size final ratio?

Last edited:
Whats your convertors stall speed? What type of stator is in it? Whats your gear ratio and tire size final ratio?

It's funny this is the stuff I used to ask people or myself for that matter while tunning race cars using stand alone systems. I thought playing with diesels would be less involved.. I guess once you start getting in to bigger turbos, injectors, etc it becomes involved. Would be nice if these trucks were a little more tuner friendly. I mean I never had the headache tuning race cars as I have had tuning my truck. A lot is attributed to the crazy climate changes we have had here in NJ so one minute your tune is awesome and the next it is rattling or smoking. Then it get's cold again and it's running ok. At least with race cars we only had to worry about going fast and not drivability or smoke output. I enjoy reading all the tips and information that people share in this thread. I am looking forward to what is ahead for our trucks from Smarty. I would like to give Marco the benefit of the doubt and say he has paid attention to his customers and is working on something, that won't cost us more money, that will make us happy and make things easier to get the results we want. Of course with parts matching up :Cheer:

I shouldn't have to band aide it with anything, I should with current tuner be able to knock low level fuel down enough so it can be driven. The only reason I went to slightly larger sticks was I had the ability to keep what I had cool enough so I didn't even need water to cool it down with the compounds. what HP level do I want? I don't even give a rats ass anymore about top end, how often can you drive there? Whats wrong with HTT's 64 71 13/ thought it was a pretty dam good charger with a slightly tighter housing to get the mass spinning faster? As for stall and stator I would have to give Dave G a call and hope he kept records of what is in my trans. gears are 410, tires 315 70 17. As for it being bandaided and not at potential, the levels I need adjusting are low level, that should not have anything to do with max potential. Starting to look like no one cares anymore thats for sure. bandaided, sheesh, sure doesn't sound like Triton thinks he is driving around bandaided, or any of the many others that have been fortunate enough to get things straightened out. As for going through and changing parts, I admit I was a bit frustrated before and can not get into changing out everything.

But Im sure you under stand the rotating mass and RPM and how fast a charger is producing boost and at what volume. Hence why you cant see how mismatched parts cant be tunned out.. You want to bandaide that with EFI live.. Even then its not fixed its just bandaided over and not letting the setup be at its potential!

Your like the guys with gas motors trying to run a huge carb on a lawn motor.. $hit cant be tunned out homie

HowTF is EFI a band-aid?

Tunning out TOO big of injectors is a bandaide.. Your injectors are to big no matter what you do lol... I daily drive a 95mm NO rattle but only because I have matched parts.... Driving off a 60/60 stock unit with ported gate nets me fast air/volume into the engine for lack of over fueling..For when power comes on it uses the large 60mm gate to bypass the small turbine of the high pressure unit. I also run side entrance intercooler so flow dont have to change angles. (flows sooner) So my high pressure the (small one) does not have to build boost from atomoshpere its getting positive pressure from the 95 witch allows it to build create air volume sooner to burn the fuel.. The sooner you have air in the engine the sooner you have boost (exhaust flow to sprin the turbine).. Hence why in compounds I believe and have proven that a large high pressure charger is a waste..

Milk Id put money my 60 over 75 out performs your setup all day long... But on stock injectors ;) 100%s are WAY to big for a 80mm unit. The dual fuelers make it even worse.

So all you guys saying I should be able to tune my injectors to work are not understanding the fact that software can not make your large hole in your injector shrink.. Match your parts correctly and then tune the truck and you will be shocked..

Also anwser me this your 100%s is that just nozzles? Or did you spend the money and have the whole injectors done? There is so many things to take in account!

brand new puck style bodies flowed and matched, so as to eliminate any body issues I might have been having.

Back