SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Mine were cranked way too high when it pushed water out. Only out the cap though. Looked all over and under it today...nothing around the head anywhere.
Stock MLS gasket.

Who knows...no bubbles in the coolant tank while it's running so I'm gomna go with I just got it too damned hot.

That was the way that mine started leaking. I could drive it on the street, and not have a problem. Make a couple of passes down the drag strip, and it would pressurize the cooling system. The MLS gaskets don't seem to blow in the same way that the composite gasket do. When I pulled mine, it was leaking between the layers. I can post a pic if you want. This happened about 3 years ago.

Paul

My new head and billet intake are being cut now. It's coming apart anyway so screw it. If it hurt the bottom end any there's a low mile 6.7 short block ready to drop in its place.

My new head and billet intake are being cut now. It's coming apart anyway so screw it. If it hurt the bottom end any there's a low mile 6.7 short block ready to drop in its place.

I'll come take it for a spin if you really want an excuse for a rebuild!

lol

Who knows about it being an 05 issue. Its just you and I at this point. Lol. We obviously arent gonna get a response from Bob or Marco. Im just dealing with it till efi comes along.
tapatalking from droidx

Last edited:
Saw a dude on CF post that he had that issue.. Was it one of you? I didnt pay attention to the screen name.

Saw a dude on CF post that he had that issue.. Was it one of you? I didnt pay attention to the screen name.

Wasnt me. I honestly thought it was a problem I created. I had my grid heater off getting polished and when it went back on this problem showed up a couple days later. Never had it before and hadnt changed tuning. I have service manuals and checked all wiring for shorts, continuity, voltage etc...Cant find anything wrong. Grid heater functions properly. The problem always occurs when Im slowing down, light throttle. Its very strange to say the least.

tapatalking from droidx

Looking promising...

My luck just Sucks though! Blew my chit up before all the good stuff got here.

Damn I just sold my S06 POD! This is awesome can't wait for the SSR! Thank you Bob and Marco now i know why you have been so quiet!!

I have the same grid heater issues, almost every time after a hard run the trucks acts all wierd, Lopes for a bit with the grid heater light on. I dont have a grid/relay or anything left so... Truck is a 2005. Over the past summer I have noticed inconsistencies with the SSR that ive never had with other programs, it becomes a different truck everytime your program it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That was the way that mine started leaking. I could drive it on the street, and not have a problem. Make a couple of passes down the drag strip, and it would pressurize the cooling system. The MLS gaskets don't seem to blow in the same way that the composite gasket do. When I pulled mine, it was leaking between the layers. I can post a pic if you want. This happened about 3 years ago.

Paul

Me too! It took a load for it to pressurize the coolant and make a big ole mess under the hood. Fill your radiator all the way up...empty yourr overflow tank...and make sure your overflow hose has a clamp on it at the radiator....go romp on it and it will fill your tank. I was in denile till the cylinder pressure starting jumping from hole to hole and the power cut out..lol.

Time for orings, modded marine gasket and 625s Unbroken!

Back