SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Now that there are more than just 2 of us maybe we can get Bob to ask Marco for a solution for this grid heater glitch. I am finally getting the truck where I like it and that damn light comes on and takes all my fun away.

Just to get something put out here for settings on a mostly stock truck I just put the SSR on my truck with settings:

Timing: 18/26
Duration:18/25
Rail Pressure: 30/30
Tq:1
RPM: 3600
Top Speed: 130
Truck runs pretty good no rattling and don't smoke much at all on top end but on bottom end if you really get aggressive it will smoke more than I'd like to see, but very managable. Since there is no smoke at all once turbo spools would you suggest more durration? Really don't know whether to add low or high duration though. What is High in terms of RPM's? anything above 3000 RPM?

I did have one other question though and I'm sure I have missed it somewhere , but with a manual transmission it still asked about shift points(forget actual term). I found this confusing I figured it would pick up in the ECM that it was manual. What did everyone who has manual set this to?

I also have an 05 that's basically stock and was going to switch back to the Smarty TNT until a user on here, "Roid" shared his settings with me. He told me to try these settings and the truck has never felt this strong. I just loaded the settings last night so I don't have much experience with this setup but I can tell the truck is more responsive and more powerful than when I had it on TNT #5. I left tq management on 1 and the rest of the settings on stock besides the settings below.

LLT 15
HLT 29
LLD 19
HLD 30
LLRP 18
HLRP 32

I did the same but just making sure I wasn't the only one that had it come up. Also, I like to see that your High Duration is higher than mine. I will try that and see what happens. Hows your EGT's?

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get on the highway and really open it up. The highest I've seen playing around up to about 50 MPH has been around 1000 EGT's.

Whats new?

I havent even loaded 1.6 because of the high rpm related problems that I have heard about.

I hope Mr. Wagner doesn't mind I copied his post;

Feb. 16, 2012 - Software update

Smarty S04, Smarty S06, Smarty S06-PoD, Smarty JR, Smarty SSR, Smarty S04 TNT-R, Smarty S06 TNT-R, Smarty
S06-PoD TNT-R: New software update

- Solved error by returning back to stock 2003 / 2003.5 CARB trucks

Thank you

- Solved error by returning back to stock 2003 / 2003.5 CARB trucks

What does that mean?

What problems are happening for high rpm?

From Marco "That latest update is a bug fix for the 2003 & 2003.5 California emissions trucks ONLY! There was a problem when these trucks were returned to the stock software which is now solved. If you're truck is not one of the above, there's no need / sense to update your Smarty."

Back