SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Will guess I wasted my time on the dyno, made 32 pulls.:doh: I was only making changes on the high setting and the number was going up each pull once it made less HP I went back until it peak again and thats the number I used. It's range making power was between 2500 to 3100RPM and peaked at 2900RPM.

Still not a waste of time. When I was on the dyno, we focused on the ll settings. Would've been on the dyno since but I blew the hg, and now with the soon to be released udc I'll save my money.

You didn't waste your time. The switch from LL to HL is not just based on rpm. Load is also used. On the dyno I've seen the HL setting have an effect below 2500rpm. I don't remember when this was first changed, back about version 1.3 I believe.

Paul

Will guess I wasted my time on the dyno, made 32 pulls.:doh: I was only making changes on the high setting and the number was going up each pull once it made less HP I went back until it peak again and thats the number I used. It's range making power was between 2500 to 3100RPM and peaked at 2900RPM.

You didn't waste your time. The switch from LL to HL is not just based on rpm. Load is also used. On the dyno I've seen the HL setting have an effect below 2500rpm. I don't remember when this was first changed, back about version 1.3 I believe.

Paul

Well thats good news then. I think I'm out of turbo 362/475 EGT's were up there and I saw boost dropping off in the higher RPM range. I was surprised how much timing it wanted, I would have never went that high with out the dyno.

Starting with the 1.6 version, the values were shifted. The 50 numbers are basically the max amounts that Marco has ever seen as benifical. During dyno testing we found that 50 was a little to much timing for my truck. The graph was much smoother at 45. With version 1.5 I made max power at 33 for HL timing.

What hp and torque did you end up with?

Paul

Starting with the 1.6 version, the values were shifted. The 50 numbers are basically the max amounts that Marco has ever seen as benifical. During dyno testing we found that 50 was a little to much timing for my truck. The graph was much smoother at 45. With version 1.5 I made max power at 33 for HL timing.

Paul

My truck made its best pull with 48 HLT and at 50 HLT it drop by 5HP that was on SSR 1.7a. My best HP was 969 and TQ was 1978,:snoop: I was hoping for the 1000HP mark but maybe next time. My best on the TNT-R back in 2010 was 929HP and 1939TQ all on the same dyno it was a Superflow with dual eddy current.

Paul

My truck made its best pull with 48 HLT and at 50 HLT it drop by 5HP that was on SSR 1.7a. My best HP was 969 and TQ was 1978,:snoop: I was hoping for the 1000HP mark but maybe next time. My best on the TNT-R back in 2010 was 929HP and 1939TQ all on the same dyno it was a Superflow with dual eddy current.

I also load the TNT-R again and did two pulls with it, the best it would do this time was 886HP.

Good numbers, especially for the amount of air you have. I found the same thing with the TNT/r. I think the most I made with it was 865. I made 1015 corrected, 1041 uncorrected with version 1.6b of the SSR. The dyno graph was much flatter with the SSR as well. It made over 1000hp, in the 800 rpm range that I race in.

Paul

Good numbers, especially for the amount of air you have. I found the same thing with the TNT/r. I think the most I made with it was 865. I made 1015 corrected, 1041 uncorrected with version 1.6b of the SSR. The dyno graph was much flatter with the SSR as well. It made over 1000hp, in the 800 rpm range that I race in.

Paul

At what RPM did you hit the 1000HP mark? That size turbo's are you running?

At what RPM did you hit the 1000HP mark? That size turbo's are you running?

I don't have the data sheets in front of me, but looking at the graphs it looks like about 2700rpm. It carried 1000hp over 3600rpm. The turbos are 66/16SS over a S488. They were making 82 lbs of boost during the runs.

Paul

Well thats good news then. I think I'm out of turbo 362/475 EGT's were up there and I saw boost dropping off in the higher RPM range. I was surprised how much timing it wanted, I would have never went that high with out the dyno.

how much horse do you feel like you would loose if you were just off of your 475? My set up will just be a single charger with an s475 ill be heading to the dyno soon and trying to set a realistic goal as my goal. hoping for the mid 900s if its realistic

first in a long time i had some time with the SSR
my settings:
LLT-43
HLT-43

LLD-50
HLD-50

LLR-25
LLR-25

It seems to spool alright but the smoke is heavier down low, it clears real fast though. The rattle is what is killing me...i have a hard time laying into it rattling so much. With or without pre injection.
Any suggestions?

Back