SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

I sure did, couldnt believe the difference it made on the dyno. However, it didnt compare on the start with my TNT. I had to pull over and swap back to it. DK wtf is going on lol but i never have any luck when driving with the ssr. Any suggestions?

I was meaning to say street not start... sorry about that, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it more streetable?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpWGMK3Pppc That is the link to get to my Dyno Video of the TNT, notice the nice HP curve that it makes, however if you can hear it, listen to all the injector rattle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhlES8JBlA4 This is the link to my SSR dyno run the very same day. Youll notice injector rattle is more or less gone, spool up is a lot quicker and it cleans up at the end. I know i can get more out of the SSR, this was my first time ever running it on a dyno. Ill post the settings i used. Any advice on what to do to get more out of it would be much appreciated it. This was up in Rock Springs wyoming, elevation killed it for my big turbos, but overall i was happy with the 66 hp gain by swapping to the SSR

Last edited:
My truck did a new best this weekend. It ran multiple 11.06's at 122. 60' is still a little slow, but I'm working on that. The quickest it had run before was a 11.08, and that was with flux 6's instead of the flux 5's.

Between Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, I made 21 passes. The truck likes HLTiming at 28. Higher or lower then that and mph at the 1/4 mile starts to drop. It drops much quicker going higher then going lower. HLduration was set to 32 the whole weekend.

This is with the SSR 1.2.

Paul

My truck did a new best this weekend. It ran multiple 11.06's at 122. 60' is still a little slow, but I'm working on that. The quickest it had run before was a 11.08, and that was with flux 6's instead of the flux 5's.

Between Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, I made 21 passes. The truck likes HLTiming at 28. Higher or lower then that and mph at the 1/4 mile starts to drop. It drops much quicker going higher then going lower. HLduration was set to 32 the whole weekend.

This is with the SSR 1.2.

Paul

Congrats!!

So you've had No popping or issues with 1.2 like some are posting??

Congrats!!

So you've had No popping or issues with 1.2 like some are posting??

Nope, not at all. I would like to say they need to play with the tuning, but I've played with it a lot and have never gotten it in a situation where it popped.

Paul

Nope, not at all. I would like to say they need to play with the tuning, but I've played with it a lot and have never gotten it in a situation where it popped.

Paul

with 18/18/18 and 24/24/24 (simple right?) it was fine. I backed off timing and rail a little and I got popping. I might put 1.2 back on to compare again I suppose.

Did you notice a different exhaust tone with 1.2? 1.2, when it wasn't popping was running a bit smoother.

I put the spoolaid kit on this weekend, and I'm kinda surprised it smokes more on the bottom end. I had a 2nd gen manifold and had to switch back to 3rd gen stock unit.

You all think I should pull back the timing and duration? Right now I have it set to;
Llt 15
Lld 27 (high compared to most but small injectors)
Llrp 30

Is there any way to tell what version of stock software is in the SSR vs what a person currently has in the ecm. I would like to try the ssr but maintain the ability to go back to the TNT if I so desire.

Thanks

Folks,
MAYBE I'm starting to see a path here....

Let me start with saying that I've never had that delay between the shifts with my truck. Neither do I see the "popping" a few do have now with the release 1.2A. Likely that's due to the fact that compared to most others mine is a smallish / mild build. Who knows...

Anyhow, let me see if I got the picture. With the release 1.1 a few got the shift delay and none had the poping. Now with the release 1.2 the shift delay is gone but the poping is plaguing you guys. Hmmmm...

It seems to me that the shift delay was exclusively a MY 2005 thing. What fixed the '05's is now creating a problem for the 2006's & 2007's. Am I right?

You guys with the popping, could you please confirm the MY of your trucks?

Working together we'll get it to where you need it!

Thanks,

Marco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpWGMK3Pppc That is the link to get to my Dyno Video of the TNT, notice the nice HP curve that it makes, however if you can hear it, listen to all the injector rattle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhlES8JBlA4 This is the link to my SSR dyno run the very same day. Youll notice injector rattle is more or less gone, spool up is a lot quicker and it cleans up at the end. I know i can get more out of the SSR, this was my first time ever running it on a dyno. Ill post the settings i used. Any advice on what to do to get more out of it would be much appreciated it. This was up in Rock Springs wyoming, elevation killed it for my big turbos, but overall i was happy with the 66 hp gain by swapping to the SSR

Nice runs! Looks like your numbers were corrected. What were they uncorrected?

04.5 here. Popping is accompanied by zero acceleration, a bogging feeling. If you press the throttle further the popping goes away and drives normally.

Why did you change manifolds?????

I don't hink the 2nd gen intake manifold would work. I just have to play with the ssr some more when the streets dry. It's great driving at moderate levels, big improvement. Just strange I can overfuel it now. Maybe it's just a timing thing?

I have a 03 marco, no poping or hesitation. 1.1 I did get timing rattle at the bottom end but is cured with 1.2. Thanks!

Would you please expand a bit further what "popping" exactly means?
OK, not only the 06's & 07's but also the 04.5's are affected.

Thanks,

Marco

Thanks,

Marco

Marco, if i get a chance ill make a video of my truck driving with the SSR to show you the popping the we are all talking about, hopefully mine is the same as what everyone is talking about anyways

Thanks,

Marco

kinda like a rapid backfire. If I recall correctly it was LLT16/LLR16/LLD18. This was in low range power only. high levels were 24/24/24-ish.

I need to start writing things down and keeping a log. I should do soon.

Marco, Should I just cancel my dyno day thursday for a few weeks until you sort out the 1.2?

Here is my numbers for the SSR that i did the 1066 hp (CR, 970 UC)
Shift High
RPM High
TQ 3
LLT 15
HLT 30
LLRP 50
HLRP 50
LLD 35
HLD 25

Anyone have any suggestions on what i should manipulate to get more power out of it? I know the possibilies are endless with the SSR now however my nearest dyno is 3 hrs away so i do not get much time to tune it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Back