SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

I recently got a decent deal on a SSR so I made the switch from the new TNT-R. I updated it to version 1.7 and I'm currently running
Timing: 20/30
Rail Pressure: 25/25
Duration:20/32
TQ: 2
RPM: stock
Shift Defuel: stock
Pre Inj: stock
It seems to be smooth on the bottom end but its a dog on top, not nearly as strong as TNT-R SW 7. With TNT-R I would hit 44-45lb of boost where as now all I see is around 30lb. Doesn't the SSR turn the waste gate off? What configurations do you guess recommend me trying both for DD and a dyno run? Sorry for the newbie questions but I'm in a learning process with this thing.

I'll try the putting it back to stock to and see what happens. This has just started with my truck since I put 1.6b in and still now with 1.7. At least now I have a couple options to try.

Also I forgot Homewrecker how warm is it where you are as it is below 0 here? I'am wondering if that is a problem.

I recently got a decent deal on a SSR so I made the switch from the new TNT-R. I updated it to version 1.7 and I'm currently running
Timing: 20/30
Rail Pressure: 25/25
Duration:20/32
TQ: 2
RPM: stock
Shift Defuel: stock
Pre Inj: stock
It seems to be smooth on the bottom end but its a dog on top, not nearly as strong as TNT-R SW 7. With TNT-R I would hit 44-45lb of boost where as now all I see is around 30lb. Doesn't the SSR turn the waste gate off? What configurations do you guess recommend me trying both for DD and a dyno run? Sorry for the newbie questions but I'm in a learning process with this thing.

To edit from my first post it will hit 30lbs of boost then fall to 24lb. The only thing I can figure is the waste gate, whats making the gate open?

Also I forgot Homewrecker how warm is it where you are as it is below 0 here? I'am wondering if that is a problem.

Its not that cold here thank god! Lol Mine has set the light in temps ranging from 20-65* . I really dont think temp has any effect. It always does it when Im easing off the throttle or at very lite throttle. I read the link Bob posted and Im not sure when the chrysler update was implemented. Maybe Bob can answer that. I have been using 1.6b since it was released. I did get a recovery file from Bob back sometime end last summer/early fall. That was for another issue I had. Again, Bob would have to answer when this latest chrysler update was introduced by Smarty. I have never had that P1222 code or whatever it is mentioned in the link. At this point I just want to determine the fix and would like to know if the grid light is a glitch or something implemented by chrysler. Again, maybe Bob has some answers? Hint hint Bob! Lol

tapatalking from droidx

I don't have any grid heater/relays/wiring in the truck so I don't think it is affecting your grid. I've never had the light when I ran a S06 and TNT(old) tune, only with SSR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any grid heater/relays/wiring in the truck so I don't think it is affecting your grid. I've never had the light when I ran a S06 and TNT(old) tune, only with SSR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not energizing the grid circuit. We're all aware of that. After the grid light comes on it derates the hp for some reason.

Our take on the grid heater problem is a bug in the Chrysler software. Not all trucks are affected by the latest Chrysler update.

Marco is looking into Chrysler's latest flash.

Returning to an earlier software seems to cure the problem.

Our take on the grid heater problem is a bug in the Chrysler software. Not all trucks are affected by the latest Chrysler update.

Marco is looking into Chrysler's latest flash.

Returning to an earlier software seems to cure the problem.

Thanks Bob. I didnt have this problem prior to the cp-3 swap. Nothing was changed on the Smarty, same 1.6b I had been running. Guess what I need to know is the chrysler software in question what was being used when the 1.6b was released? I dont want to go back to any of the earlier ssr files. The recovery file you sent me was on 8/29/11 . Would that have had this software? The 1.6b Im running has a 10/31/11 date.

1.6b does have the buggy chrysler software. Try the recovery and see if that fixes the issue.

There is a waste gate setting in your SSR, look in the option. "stock or off"

It doesn't have the option like an SO6 to turn the waste gate off, I have tried two versions, 1.1 and 1.7, and neither one had the option to turn it off like my SO6 did.

I agree with your lite to off throttle as thats how it comes on with me too. Bob would you be willing to send me a recovery file as I will try it to see if it works. I will pm you my email if you will do this.

shoot me your 17 digit vin number and 2005 auto or manual and I will have a recovery tomorrow. I will need to email your the recovery. so no pm please. I need your name too

Im running large injectors (75lph) and a large single CP3 with a 2.6 S475

I can only assume that I will need to bring the duration numbers way down.

In my thinking removing the pilot would help the CP3 keep up with the bigger injectors.

What about RP im taxing the CP3 as it is, so does it matter where the RP settings are? Keep them low or high?

I would leave the pilot on. It's mainly going to be off anyway, where the CP3 is going to have the hardest time keeping up.

With the large injectors I would try to run as high of rail pressure as you can with as little of duration as possible.You are going to have to go back and forth between the two when you adjust. Start with the HL rail at about 25, and see if your CP3 will maintain pressure. If it does work up with an increase of about 5 at a time. Make sure you are not blowing open the PRV. When you see the CP3 not being able to keep up, back down a little. Start increasing the HLDuration and watch to make sure you are not dropping rail. I suspect that you will end up higher in Duration then you think.

Once you have the rail and duration set. Start with the timing. Getting the timing right is free hp. To low of a timing setting and you lose hp, to high and you risk engine damage. Get it just right, and you can pick up hp that doesn't cost you any fuel. On the dyno if you go to high on the timing, the engine will not be as smooth, and neither will the hp curve.

When you are adjusting rail pressure, remember that the SSR is capable of commanding higher rail pressures then what the rail pressure sensor is capable of reading. Because you are concerned about the capacity of your CP3, you may want to keep the rail pressure below 26,100 so that your gauge can read it. If your CP3 will even maintain that with the amount of fuel you are delivering.

If you are running 1.6 or later, I would start with:
HLRail = 25
HLDur = 30
HLTiming = 40

Hope this helps...
Paul

My HL numbers never were useful over 16 with my 2.6 charger. I slowed down at 18-20 and 12-14.. 16 was the sweet spot.. But that's an 04.5 ECU, not an 03. food for thought. tho.

(and I thought I had mis-matched parts....)

Back