SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Here is my numbers for the SSR that i did the 1066 hp (CR, 970 UC)
Shift High
RPM High
TQ 3
LLT 15
HLT 30
LLRP 50
HLRP 50
LLD 35
HLD 25

Anyone have any suggestions on what i should manipulate to get more power out of it? I know the possibilies are endless with the SSR now however my nearest dyno is 3 hrs away so i do not get much time to tune it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

What size injectors are you running?

And I'm curious my self why some folks run higher LLD numbers. Tho maybe it's a manual vs auto tuning approach.

Im running 60 lpm DDP's

Stock is 27lpm.. right? I forget ATM.

CP3 sizes?

I'm asking to validate what I'm seeing for rail pressure and what not on the high level side, I'm edging toward HLD24 from 30-ish.

All: BTW, with the tuning where it's at now, I did a 5th gear poll and it pulled very very very nicely to 3900 or so. Still had a "pressure hang" but it's not nearly as long or drastic as with the TNT only hitting 3600.

Stock is 27lpm.. right? I forget ATM.

CP3 sizes?

I'm asking to validate what I'm seeing for rail pressure and what not on the high level side, I'm edging toward HLD24 from 30-ish.

All: BTW, with the tuning where it's at now, I did a 5th gear poll and it pulled very very very nicely to 3900 or so. Still had a "pressure hang" but it's not nearly as long or drastic as with the TNT only hitting 3600.

Im running PPE's Dual Cp3's. Both of them are stock pumps

Im running PPE's Dual Cp3's. Both of them are stock pumps

I think we have the same size injector (give or take a few LPM) and I have bigger pumps. My return rate is a little high... I suppose running HLD over 24 for my setup isn't necessary if you're making 1000hp and I just have a little 2.6 :) looking for 800.. The only thing different is I'm not running the timing you're running. .

I need to figure out my IAT's.. curious about that.

I think we have the same size injector (give or take a few LPM) and I have bigger pumps. My return rate is a little high... I suppose running HLD over 24 for my setup isn't necessary if you're making 1000hp and I just have a little 2.6 :) looking for 800.. The only thing different is I'm not running the timing you're running. .

I need to figure out my IAT's.. curious about that.

I still had a little fuel left over to get rid of. Might be upgrading my small charger to a 75 or an 80. Its going to addicted performance diesel in rock springs here soon to get complete headwork done, intake shaved, upgraded cp3's ported rail, bigger water injection system, and 2 fass 220's.

My truck did a new best this weekend. It ran multiple 11.06's at 122. 60' is still a little slow, but I'm working on that. The quickest it had run before was a 11.08, and that was with flux 6's instead of the flux 5's.

Between Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, I made 21 passes. The truck likes HLTiming at 28. Higher or lower then that and mph at the 1/4 mile starts to drop. It drops much quicker going higher then going lower. HLduration was set to 32 the whole weekend.

This is with the SSR 1.2.

Paul

Nice Paul!!

I have been doing quite a bit of testing at the track the past couple weeks. Have really been working on shifting strategies not engine tuning and have been leaving real easy to save the tranny for some hard launches on race day. Have got the engine turned down a bit with the SSR.

LLT 15
LLRP 15
LLD 15
HLT 28
HLRP 29
HLD 28

Friday ran a couple 11.0's @ 125+ with 1.78 60's. I was pulling low 1.50's last year with the SSR and hard launches.

Last edited:
kinda like a rapid backfire. If I recall correctly it was LLT16/LLR16/LLD18. This was in low range power only. high levels were 24/24/24-ish.

I need to start writing things down and keeping a log. I should do soon.

Marco, Should I just cancel my dyno day thursday for a few weeks until you sort out the 1.2?

Mine did it on 2 07's described like above. The worst is you you downshift (Manuel) and try to maintain speed. Once through the popping eveything seemed fine. Had a slight miss feeling also when cruising with or without cruise control set. We tried multiple settings including similar to stock.

sounds a lot like what is happening when I get my rattle, maintaining speed ok, then the slightest call for more power, be it a slight accel, or a hill and truck suddenly feels flat, like its got nothin, rattles like a sob and can't get out of its own way. kidn of like timing is advancing too fast. hard to explain.

Congrats!!

So you've had No popping or issues with 1.2 like some are posting??

Big swole, ive been watching your vids on Youtube and i have that same sputtering issue your having. Always at a low rpm, but as i get more RPM and better boost it goes away. I also have the idling issue you were showing on your vids. Have you gotten that problem to go away?

I'm going to give 1.2 another shot tonight and give it some more tune in time and understand the popping and conditions around it.

I'll be starting off with 18/18/18 and 24/24/24 as a baseline. I feel the HLD should max around 24-26 to keep rail at or above 22.5 from around 2000rpm on a street setting.

torque will be at 0/stock.

Did you notice a different exhaust tone with 1.2? 1.2, when it wasn't popping was running a bit smoother.

It's smoother, but I can't say on the exhaust note. With a standard cab and a stack, it's hard to say.. :-)

the popping is accompanied by a dead spot, white smoke then black smoke. too much fuel, almost sounded like that one time I stuck and injector for a moment.

I'm going to drop LL numbers to 14

14/14/14 same deal for the most part, just less violent and no white smoke.

Paul, I have to agree, it's smoother.

I'm going to try 20/20/20 for tomorrow's drive to work. and I will cancel my dyno day until this is resolved.

sounds a lot like what is happening when I get my rattle, maintaining speed ok, then the slightest call for more power, be it a slight accel, or a hill and truck suddenly feels flat, like its got nothin, rattles like a sob and can't get out of its own way. kidn of like timing is advancing too fast. hard to explain.

Speaking of your rattle and without going back in the thread to check, Have you listened to MY rattle in my vids in my "Swole Again" thread?

Is yours that bad??

Big swole, ive been watching your vids on Youtube and i have that same sputtering issue your having. Always at a low rpm, but as i get more RPM and better boost it goes away. I also have the idling issue you were showing on your vids. Have you gotten that problem to go away?

If you're having all the same issues then you have a problem too!
Most all of the "Brains" are saying it's my injectors.
Marco is sending me his known Good set to swap into my truck and I'm sending him mine to test... I'll know more about my issue by next Mon. or Tues when I can swap them..

Back