SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Last night I developed a rough idle (like a miss?) and the timing rattle is back at light throttle. I believe this after I turned down the lld from from 27 to 20. I also got on it once and I had a pop. Maybe rail pop? I put it back to stock, no change to the idle. I then proceed to load the same settings before I had issues. Still the same.

Which brings us to this morning. It's idling great, and no timing rattle.

Walker,
what's the temperature in your neck of the woods? Could it be that what you're seeing is air temp related?

OK, just a quick note.
I'm working on the next software version. That one will get rid of the delay between the shifts and the popping that raised it's ugly head with version 1.2.
Like having the wife drunk and a ( still ) full bottle.

If it's not today, tomorrow latest I'll have it done.

marco

This morning was around 36. Yesterday was in the mid 40's. The dummy gauge for engine temp has stayed under 90c(maybe 200f range). Maybe it's related to heat soak in the engine bay?

Wow that was fast. Thanks Marco.

On a side note, I got off work early so I figured id check on valve lash, and wiring.

Hey marco will this still work on my and the no throttle issue? The throttle was fixed with the software bob sent me but at about 75-80 mph there is a dead spot at about 10% throttle to 15% throttle.

has anyone tried an tps reset that has had the dead spot issue? wondering if it could be a simple need to re learn the throttle position sensor procedure that will cure it for some.

Swole, I listened to a few of your videos, sounds like your rattle is a bit worse than mine, hard to tell tho. if I have the windows up I can hear the rattle better, comes in right through the firewall. Will have to see about the new version, downloaded to laptop, not sure I am gonna get th34e tune ont he truck tonight, back is waaaaaaaaaaay out of whack. Got rid of my flat suggish feel by going back to tm 2

Last edited:
Just got back from a 20min drive. It ran good, no issues with light throttle. I'm not sure why but I had the llt down to 10. Maybe that's where I was getting the rattle from? I cant do any wot test, just to much rain on the roads. The temp out here was 43. The setup right now is a little touchy for the road conditions. Crusing at 60mph, egts 650, rp 12000, and 4 psi of boost. It's a little windy so it varied a little.

LLT 14/HLT 32
LLD 20/HLD 30
LLP 30/HLP40

As for the rough idle I think it was just time for a service (my bad).

Last edited:
how are you guys seeing such low rp at cruise speed? mine is always above 18k at 70 mph, closer to 20 k. thats with llrp set at 15.

OK, another long day...

Version 1.3A is ready. This new SW addresses:
1) The delay between shifts.
2) The "dead throttle" a few trucks have experienced.
3) The popping that came for "some " trucks with the 1.2 release.

Here's the link for this latest update:

http://www.madselectronics.com/downloadfiles/SSR59V403AR13A.7z

Thanks,

Marco

I loaded it up last night, and have not had a chance to test the "delay between shifts" yet. Overall though it's the best driving version yet. Cold engine/air temp, throttle response is improved, with less smoke. The same goes with throttle response from a cruise, not that it was bad before, but it's even better now.

Paul

I'll make a couple of passes today, and verify that the delay is still gone.

raining here today but Paul's post makes me want to go give it a try anyway.......... sounds good.

OK so had the ssr since it was released. just been playing with it a reading your info too. well I have been running
TLL 12
THL18
RPLL 20
RPHL 24
DLL 12
DHL 20
this has been great spooling and minimal smoke.
I tried the 18/18/18 26/26/26 that someone else had. yeah good till about 3k when it basically hit a wall a.stopped fueling with a puff of white smoke. rp was at 24.5. stopped changed it back to my previous settings and all is good. oh BTW that was 1.1 I will have to load 1.3 tonight. quick question to I take it to stock then go?

Back