SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Iowa, no need to go back to stock, just update the hand held, and then update your truck with it.

doesn't help that I have an arson 3 kit on the bottom pump, and a 6.7 on the top I'm sure........

1.3 is a little more touchy then the other two. very smooth. I'll be lowering my LL settings a notch to around 17/17/19.

03-04 engines are lower

Homewrecker what setting are you running, hopefully my SSR will be here tomorrow and hopfully Ill get some time with it this weekend, our setups are close to the same and just want to try and get a starting point and go from there.

Running around stock SUX!!!

Wouldn't trust those...SPA or DiProcal

Mine is crazy low...always has. Cruise at 80 and Flux 5's needs only 11 to 14k so maintain speed.

I made a couple of passes tonight, no problem with the delay between shifts. No detectable lag at all. I lowered the LLTiming from 14 to 12. 14 was just a little to much with the new update. At 14 it had just a hint of a timing rattle.

Building boost for a launch is a little smoother. The throttle seems more progressive through the LL range.

I can't find anything I don't like. I will be racing again on Friday and Saturday nights. I'll see how it compares at the track.

Nice work Marco!

Paul

I wouldn't trust diprocol :) at. all.

Paul, I agree!!! no hard passes but The few times I pushed into high i spun :)

I ended up with just a hint rattle with LLT on 17. right around 2200 rpm in 5th. if I'm slowly accelerating and just give it a bit more, no lag, just faster! too much tire spin!

here's where I'll be and I'll see how it does in the rain tomorrow.

LLT 16
LLR 17
LLD 19

I'll see how that smoke is in the day light. The throttle sensitivity with stock torque management is just right for me.

high levels are 26/26/26 for now and until dyno day no rattles and the seat of the pants dyno can feels a power Loss on 24's. not much on 28's

my injectors are 110% over, dual stage 2 pumps and a single 66, stock cam for comparison

Last edited:
Marco.

That 2200rpm rattle is there on LLT 16 and 18. very very minor and for a moment and if you're already at 2100-2200 cursing and on moderate acceleration. No rattle anywhere else in the power band, however I just didn't mash the throttle off idle either, so aggressive not crazy driving only. Ambient temp, 60

Others:
As for my 16/17/19 it was too little, the response was a little laggy. So I went to 18/18/19 again and it picked up. What I'm getting the feeling of here is if you get to far apart in the numbers, specifically timing and duration, you get some funky characteristics. 18Timing and 20 duration a little sensitive, but 18 timing and 19 duration was rather nice. I'm going to start to bump timing and duration up a number at a time after I test my one requirement; Going WOT in 4th or 5th (4x4 engaged) with out thinking about how I'll feather the throttle in and remain rather smokeless and no rattle. :) Basically passing power with out to much planning.

Homewrecker what setting are you running, hopefully my SSR will be here tomorrow and hopfully Ill get some time with it this weekend, our setups are close to the same and just want to try and get a starting point and go from there.

Running around stock SUX!!!

Im running LLT 15 LLD 20 LLR 30
HLT30 HLD 32 HLR 40
I have had the HLT as high as 20 but spool up is laggy. My truck has never had a rattle on any tune or any level of ssr at this point. The rp transition is kind of sluggish on my truck, that's why the higher rp settings. My stage 3 floor it isn't responding very quickly like it did with tnt-r. I've tried much lower HLD and its still slow to ramp. Put the mp-8 back in to get it up faster. Any of you single pump guys noticing this also? Seems the rp settings are very mild in the ssr.

Sent from my DROIDX

Gang,
the '03's, '03.5's & '04's run signifcant lower rail pressures from the factory than the 04.5's and up trucks. That is mostly true at partial load.

There's no "one size fits all" in these software's. I do the tuning for each MY. Means, that each year has it's particular needs, so I adjust to that accordingly. From 2003 to 2007 that's 46 different trucks / softwares.

That's the reason some guys see lower RP's cruising than others. Or the other way around is also true, some see higher pressures cruising than others.

Marco

Marco.

There's some confusion around torque management. can you explain to us how it impacts what and when?

Back