SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Ok trying to download v1.3 and it wont???? Went to Mads & Smarty's site and i could not find anything on the SSR download and my S06 download does not work.

If you have an outdated usb.exe you will need a newer version of the download page. What error message are you receiving?

the driver needs to be reinstalled. Watch the video's on the MADS FAQ page

I am running Vista on this computer so i am not seeing the same screens like the video. I got to the part where you deleted the driver but i have no idea where to go to do this.

Ok let em see what i can do. I need to find a XP based computer to do this on.

Ok i got my dinosaur of a lap top to connect to the internet and i am in the process of erasing the file from the SSR. Huge thanks to Bob AGAIN for helping me. He helped me a last year with a recovery file for my conversion and now he got me going to get this update loaded.
Also thanks to Deputydog for the PM's offering his help. I wil be SSRing this afternoon.

Ok i got my dinosaur of a lap top to connect to the internet and i am in the process of erasing the file from the SSR. Huge thanks to Bob AGAIN for helping me. He helped me a last year with a recovery file for my conversion and now he got me going to get this update loaded.
Also thanks to Deputydog for the PM's offering his help. I wil be SSRing this afternoon.

Sweet!!

Glad you're underway :rockwoot:

Ok 1st test drive. No smoke but it feels very weak in the LL tables. Here is where i started.
Speed Limit = 250 LLT=15 HLT=28
Shift Defuel = OFF LLD=20 HLD=32
Rev limit = High LLRP=5 HLRP=25
TQ MGMT = 2

I just adjusted to closer to the TNT R #7 settings and i am going to try that,
LLT=15 HLT=33
LLD=30 HLD=32
LLRP=25 HLRP=40
I also bumped the TM up to 3 (wild)

I wish i had some # close to what the Beta 4.2 would look like as i loved it but just need to trim some fuel down low.

Bob/marco:

Why no info around how the torque management affects things and when it's not a factor?

New settings: 16/16/17 with torque management on 1. high load is 26/26/26. It's a little touchier then the last setting, But drive able.

The only problem I have is the motor will suddenly hit high load at around 2800rpm.

Driving a manual, you every now and then just rev out the motor with absolute minimal throttle. I dunno if it's just a me thing or others do this when in slower stop and go traffic. throttle % is so light that if I went any less I'd not accelerate anymore. Just enough to accelerate just a little bit, as soon as it hit 2800rpm things just took off on it's own. I need to double check, but this never happened on stock torque management I don't think.

Last edited:
Ok drove it tonight and it is better but still not where it used to be. I bumped the LLD to 40 and the LLRP to 40 and the LLT to 20. It smokes a little on take off but clears up right away. Rail pressure never went over 24k and hold steady in the 22k range.
It was raining after i bumped it the 2nd time so i could not really push it to hard.
It is defiantly closer to the Beta tune BUT it is not a smokey pig so i am getting somewhere.

Ok drove it tonight and it is better but still not where it used to be. I bumped the LLD to 40 and the LLRP to 40 and the LLT to 20. It smokes a little on take off but clears up right away. Rail pressure never went over 24k and hold steady in the 22k range.
It was raining after i bumped it the 2nd time so i could not really push it to hard.
It is defiantly closer to the Beta tune BUT it is not a smokey pig so i am getting somewhere.

Good to hear!

It takes some experimenting for sure Tony...I've been through probably 40 individual combos just to dial in my LL settings. HL is just up where it feels good until I can fine tune it on a dyno.

Back