SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

I'm at a dyno day, and going to basically run the same settings as deputydog. I'll post results after.

so. since bob and Marco think it's some sort of secret...... what do others "think" or know what torque manages truly does?

1. helps zero mph boost building. this is a given. building more the 5psi on the convert isn't possible with out changing this value.
2. low end responce improved.
3. high end "shouldn't be modified" is what i understood, HOWEVER, i'v talked to a few that beg to differ for their model year

As for tuning. if one choose stock TM, it appears higher LL numbers are approite. With that said, for daily driving, couldn't we just run a higher LL number for everything?

I'd like to understand exactly when the torque management stops affecting thing on the high end.

I drove it hard yesterday and it seems to pull better down low. Smoke is at a light haze under heavy accel. Under hard accel when the convertor locks i get a noticable turbo surge in 3rd gear at lock up. When it goes into OD locked it surges BAD. This Garrett is not happy at the moment.

well ran a 7.996 in the 1/8 mile last night. running these settings.
tll 11
thl22
rpll 22
rphl 29
DLL 12
dhl 23

everytime I tuned it go quicker. just need some dyno time to find what high load settings are OK to run.

Mine did 563 nice and flat. I did have the torque down to 2. I'm going to put it back on and try 4. I really need time for tuning

im going to give HLD a try on the low 20's again, but leave the timing at 30. HLD on 32 couldnt keep the pressure over 20k until 3000rpm

torque management is going back to one. hmm

so, if I feel more power over 3000 with a stock cam, and pressure is increasing at that rpm... I think I need to keep lowering that duration :) right? down to 20 on the high end. leaving timing at 30. rail at 30

so. since bob and Marco think it's some sort of secret...... what do others "think" or know what torque manages truly does?

1. helps zero mph boost building. this is a given. building more the 5psi on the convert isn't possible with out changing this value.
2. low end responce improved.
3. high end "shouldn't be modified" is what i understood, HOWEVER, i'v talked to a few that beg to differ for their model year

As for tuning. if one choose stock TM, it appears higher LL numbers are approite. With that said, for daily driving, couldn't we just run a higher LL number for everything?

I'd like to understand exactly when the torque management stops affecting thing on the high end.

Here is an earlier post by Marco: http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107068&highlight=throttle&page=5, look at post 88.

Paul

If Torque management just increases fuel down low in a quicker manner, at WOT I can't see how it'd play ANY Part in overall HP output...

I personally think tunning the SSR with TM on Stock or at best #1 is the ticket..Then just go up from there on TM if you need it for the track...

DD on TM 2,3,or 4 is only going to make it harder to control smoke IMHO...

Marco, Bob, Paul, Dockboy...please correct me if Im wrong..

I believe that torque management simply changes the curve for throttle position, so it will have no effect on top end unless you use too much fuel on the bottom and the cp3 never catches up. I may be wrong though.

I Beleve It has alot to do with tps, but I also think it changes fuel maps also , mine seems to respond better on 3 than 1, thats is me just flooring it. so thats 100% on both settings. But thats just what it feels like, no #s to prove it. Try and see what you think, but I don't dd or work mine on 3, I like level one for that. Well gotta go shopping for a clutch, blowing through 6th with hard throttle.

Like I've said before...I have to change TQ almost every time I make other changes.
4 is too smokey down low to drive every time.
Tq1 and 2 with my recent settings makes my truck hang the 1-2 shift at very light throttle until I'm over 20 mph then it slams into gear. Those settings at WOT and it blows through the shift so hard it just blows off the tires and won't stop spinning.
Tq3 with my current settings is perfect...little to no smoke down low even when I'm medium throttle but at WOT it just barks the tires on the shift, tires stay planted for the most part and it just sh!TS and gets.

Just found out something new. Theresa now tq 4 anymore lol. Didnt know that till I tried to put it on. Anyhow, to busy to put it on again. I'll be tuning in a couple weeks or so.

Back