SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Thanks Eric, I forgot about Hucksdorf. Was at one of thier open houses a bunch of years ago. I will have to talk to them about dyno time.

I was just on the highway with our horse trailer, pod set to 70 and it just started to excerlerate with the slightest touch from the throttle in 6th. Rp never seemed to jump much, but let off the throttle and it would bark the turbo. My wife was driving at the time and kinda scared her, I was to busy watching the gauges. I turned up the pod to 90 and it has seemed to cure have it. I've tried recreate the events but no luck.
The settings are;
Speed limit 150
Rpm high high
Shift limit off
Tq 1
Llt 17
Hlt 33
Llrp 35
Hlrp 35
Lld 19
HLD 30

edit; on my way to work this morning I bump the pod to 99. Lol the truck was undrivable. The throttle was just a on of switch. Starting stone a stop in 2nd, I touched the throttle, it starts pulling like crazy, black smoke. Kinda disappointed there wasnt any tire smoke lmao. Just a little hiccup, I'm going to put the tq back to 2.

As far as 23,000psi on the rail, that seems to be a cap for pressure over all. It's almost like Marco didn't program anything to ever reach 25,000 or higher. I've set the duration high enough to where it'll only hold 19-20,000 but as I go lower and lower and lower on the HL or LL duration 23000 is about all she'll do in 6th. hm.

Mine gets to 25K pretty fast, and holds that through the 1/4 mile timing lights at 3500rpm.

Paul

Well i went out and last night and got on it a few times and found out my hang up is yet to be gone H RP stock still hits 25g HD 17 LD 6 egt's get to about 1400. Now what to do? lower the HD to13? seems low
I'm holding off on the dyno until i get my 480 below my 63 just waiting on the bov's and waste gate

Seems like with the new smarty product dual pumps are not a must due to the programing available now. I know depending on your injector size you might be forced to be able to match flow and keeP pressure up, whatcha guys think,,,,

Finally getting a chance to play with the SST again.
Got my beta box upgraded to the 1.3 version.
About to go for a drive with these settings and will report back.
This is with Marco's smaller stix so im guessing at best since the version is different to.

TQ stock
RPM High
Shift Lmtr OFF
LLT 15
HLT 30
LLRP 10
HLRP 40
LLD 10
HLD 25

We'll see....

I'll log it. Mine runs 2500-3400 most of the way down the track, and it stays just a little over 25K.

Paul

Being that I have a manual, do a roll on at around 2000 to simulate it best. maybe a 3rd and a 4th gear pull?

Finally getting a chance to play with the SST again.
Got my beta box upgraded to the 1.3 version.
About to go for a drive with these settings and will report back.
This is with Marco's smaller stix so im guessing at best since the version is different to.

TQ stock
RPM High
Shift Lmtr OFF
LLT 15
HLT 30
LLRP 10
HLRP 40
LLD 10
HLD 25

We'll see....

Spools slower than the PPE HOT+2 lite timing that I just took out.
Overall powEr feels about the same or just a tad less..

Going to work on lowering the LLT to 10 to see if thats the direction my truck likes or if it needs to go up on LLT..

Last edited:
Spools slower than the PPE HOT+2 lite timing that I just took out.
Overall powEr feels about the same or just a tad less..

Going to work on lowering the LLT to 10 to see if thats the direction my truck likes or if it needs to go up on LLT..

That made it worse on spool.

Going up to 20 on LLT an test.

figures you would be the one to get the newest version, the SST........... good as heck to hear ya got marco's injectors in and they eliminated the rattle. No I need to get some specifics on what is needed to be done to a set to bring them to marco's standards so I can rip a head off or two at my injector builders...... imho, 10 will spool slower, make the truck a bit lifeless.

figures you would be the one to get the newest version, the SST........... good as heck to hear ya got marco's injectors in and they eliminated the rattle. No I need to get some specifics on what is needed to be done to a set to bring them to marco's standards so I can rip a head off or two at my injector builders...... imho, 10 will spool slower, make the truck a bit lifeless.

Oops on SST lol... SSR! :)

Yeah, going to 10 made it worse.

Tried 20 but got more rattle.. Spooled better but realized i accidently had TQ on 1 and not stock, so thats the dif. in spool I bet..

Going back down to LLT 15 but going up on LLD to 15 as well.

FTR, this is still a tiny bit of rattle with these sticks but a Whole lot less than what I was used to..

David, were you using any psi boxes with ur ppe? How does rail psi compare between the two?

David, were you using any psi boxes with ur ppe? How does rail psi compare between the two?

I have my MP8 still on and used it a bit with the PPE. but only when I wanted to really GO!!

I wished I could say I've paid attention to the box only pressures.. I think they are close... Hit like 23.5-24 earlier with just the SSR HLRP 40.

What size are the injectors Marco sent you, David?

He says they're only 90's but DAMN they are strong for just 90's!!

Mine are 190-200's... Of course rhey were obviously Not running right.

Lowering LLD to 13 but going up to 1 on TQ Mngmt.

So trying:
Tq 1
LLT 15
HLT 30
LLR 10
HLR 30
LLD 13
HLD 25

So are we finding out that the SSR still needs help in the rp area, especially for higher fueled trucks?

I'd call mine reasonably higher fueled...so far I like it better without the MP8 than with.
24,500ish is fine with me....the gain of 1500-2000 more lbs of pressure isn't worth splitting another injector body. If I can spread out the duration to get more fuel in vs cramming it in all at once with a big pressure spike and achieve a better power curve in the process....I'll take the fedw if any drop in hp.

I'd call mine reasonably higher fueled...so far I like it better without the MP8 than with.
24,500ish is fine with me....the gain of 1500-2000 more lbs of pressure isn't worth splitting another injector body. If I can spread out the duration to get more fuel in vs cramming it in all at once with a big pressure spike and achieve a better power curve in the process....I'll take the fedw if any drop in hp.

twin pumps w/200hp stix right? Do you think the rp ramps up as fast with the ssr?

Back