SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

I doubt it...I used to floor the truck and rip that knob wide ass open all at once. LOL
It's much more linear though...just feels all around smoother.

TQ 1
Speed 250
Rpm high
Shift defuel stock
Llt 17
Hlt 30
Llr 15
Hlr 30
Lld 15
Hld 32

Tried these settings and like them.. Rich (Unbroken) sent these to me.. Only thing I changed was the TQ.. He runs it on 2 but it was way to smokey on my truck.. Seems like TQ 1 is fairly decent on my truck..

Only bad thing is that the rattle down low is present with these settings.. Still not as bad as my stix but more than what I've been having.. But my truck has Always rattled more with the Smarty on it.. Have no clue why..

Shot two short vids I'll post shortly.

Take the llt down 2 at a time until the rattle goes away then bump it back up 1

This is what I ended up with at the end of the night.. Just changed a couple of things.. I did Not get to drive it long but will spend more time tmrw. To decide.

This is what I noticed with just the short drive home after the change. I did not test any high hp with it yet.

TQ 1
Speed 250
Rpm high
Shift defuel OFF
Llt 15
Hlt 30
Llr 15
Hlr 35
Lld 15
Hld 32

It seemed to spool Slighly slower but still clean down low as long as I didn't move the pedal to fast downward... But the rattle seemed a bit less too..

Until tmrw. G'nite!

Oh! And as instructed by Rich, I took my MP8 harness totally off and my Quad BF off too.. I know they aren't needed with SSR or the other box but I'd always left them on cause it didn't seem to hurt either.. Nothing noticed here either... But I guess its better to have less plugged up over all anyway..

After testing the SSR rail pressure settings thouroughly, I'm may still decide to keep the MP8 or my (still in box brand new) Dr. p pressur box on and just roll in the pressure when needed.. And keep the SSR setting on real Low... Sorta as a way to save the injectors further when just normal driving. We'll have to see.

Last edited:
my latest settings:

tq1
15/15/15
28/28/18

no fast pulls, but driving to work was very very nice. zero smoke, no lag, 61 degreess.

how many folks have been playing with the rail much? what changes does it induce for you? might just set both rail settings to 25 and leave it.

Anybody else still getting the "stutering" or "surging" while just cruising on the hwy. ??
I had this with the Orig. Beta..

When im cruising at 70-90 and around 1900-2300 or so, I'm still getting the symtoms of what I think is the transistion from LL to HL.

Its not terrible but it shakes the truck a bit and feels rough at times.

This may just be the price for good LL manners and HL Power.

Anyone?

Last edited:
I still have the 70 mph surge but I've always thought that was hardware rated...not tuning. It's been there through a modded single, twin pumps and several different tunes.

Anybody else still getting the "stutering" or "surging" while just cruising on the hwy. ??

When im cruising at 70-90 and around 1900-2300 or so, I'm still getting the symtoms of what I think is the transistion from LL to HL.

Anyone?

Abusing your cop privileges running 90 eh? Bad cop! Bad!

I think the cruise control is a little weird, that's about it.

No he wasn't.. He changed all the speed limit signs on the road to 90 MPH. :hehe:

Mine will still surge a bit at 70-ish too.

Anyone?

Try getting your LLD and HLD closer together. Also, make your changes in steps of 2 as a few others have stated, large 5 number or 10 number changes I've noticed don't really let you track changes. The SSR is sensitive with minute changes. Also keep a log of setting and changes. Helps to keep track of your changes.

Good to hear your truck is up and running again!!!

I still have the 70 mph surge but I've always thought that was hardware rated...not tuning. It's been there through a modded single, twin pumps and several different tunes.

My truck surged when I had a bag of parts installed. I installed a 33% II pump and surge went away.

Plea the 5th!

Wasn't using cruise..

Try getting your LLD and HLD closer together. Also, make your changes in steps of 2 as a few others have stated, large 5 number or 10 number changes I've noticed don't really let you track changes. The SSR is sensitive with minute changes. Also keep a log of setting and changes. Helps to keep track of your changes.

Good to hear your truck is up and running again!!!

Oh yeah. Been keeping records of all settings and results since beta.. And once in a fairly good area of tune, I only move 1 or 2 at a time..

Just cant have it all I guess.. Dont want to have to give up smoke control and / or power to get rid of a little surge I guess.... We'll see.

Right now I've got my tank dropped repairing a draw straw issue..

have logs between 2000-3000 rpm? that's where mine struggles. over 3000 it's closer to 25k

Mine is slow to ramp up also. I never paid much attention to how fast it ramped with the tnt-r and was chalking it up to my stage 3 pump couldnt keep up with the HLD value I was using. Have been backing it down and the ramp up is still slow. By 3K rpm's its up to 25k but it is a slow climb to that value. About ready to put the mp-8 back on and see if that helps.

Mine is slow to ramp up also. I never paid much attention to how fast it ramped with the tnt-r and was chalking it up to my stage 3 pump couldnt keep up with the HLD value I was using. Have been backing it down and the ramp up is still slow. By 3K rpm's its up to 25k but it is a slow climb to that value. About ready to put the mp-8 back on and see if that helps.

hmmmmm interesting....

Back