SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Mine is slow to ramp up also. I never paid much attention to how fast it ramped with the tnt-r and was chalking it up to my stage 3 pump couldnt keep up with the HLD value I was using. Have been backing it down and the ramp up is still slow. By 3K rpm's its up to 25k but it is a slow climb to that value. About ready to put the mp-8 back on and see if that helps.

I have no Idea what my RP is doing, I've had a leaking Stage 3.5 for months now, any issues with yours??

Last edited:
did ya drive it yet? ya know it doesn't develop rp until ya start the motor bud.........

did ya drive it yet? ya know it doesn't develop rp until ya start the motor bud.........

NOPE..... LOL

Haven't had a chance, but I know there is no sence in trying too many settings till I get another pump..... When that will be, I haven't got a clue!

O god, thats right, I forgot you are waiting on a pump from John......... how long is that now ? wtf. I am hoping that Marco answers my pm that I sent inquiring about the tolerances that should be met to qualify as a usable injector body.

15/15/15/ was nice cruising 22/25/15 isn't as much. tried lots of timing on the low end vs what I've normally been using and it was just smokier.

So I reset things and taking a a different approach. started with 19/19/19 and 28/28/26. I seriously don't think I'll gain much with HLD much over 26 at this time based on my rail gauge while under 3000rpm. That's holding 22K-ish

High heat, high humidity. For some crazy reason it's 90 degrees and about to rain humidly all evening.

It's smokier if I just get on it aggressively, say cruising at 15% throttle and go right to 50%, no rattling, no stumbling per sey, just a smoke show and go. Cleans up at WOT in 6th, 58psi-boost 58psi-drive (might turn the gate a full turn tighter). just a nice haze.

I still get this SOTP feeling that the truck pulls so much better over 3000rpm. I can't wait to get on the dyno to validate this. At the same time I'm thinking that I have a stock cam, why the heck is it pulling better with higher rpm? The power band should be lower right? Doesn't make sense.

My new approach is to start bumping up the LL numbers. I'll run 21/21/21 after the rain passes and the roads dry up. that might have to wait until tomorrow unfortunately so we'll see

As for the drive ability, I think I'm just getting used to things. running 19/19/19 wasn't bad, wasn't hard, could be driven smoke free, didn't "get away" from me. So there's defiantly a re-training a manual trans driver will have to go though

Anyone have suggestions for a direction in tuning for high heat, higher humidity days?

I think It's time to get a coolant bypass. so far I've been lucky...

Last edited:
Yeah...get over you equal number thing. Mix it up...run lower duration numbers down low...similar pressure....possibly. less timing...then run high numbers with more across the board. Your 15 15 15. Crap has gone way to far.

I have run the lower numbers further spart, it runs sluggish and smokey

have you tried raising your LL RP? I raised my LLRP from 15 to 30, and it actually seemed to decrease my smoke on takeoff and also made the truck feel quicker from a stop. I'm currently running a HLRP of 30 also. Raising the LLRP also didn't seem to make a difference in my cruising RP which is good. Cruising RP for me seems to be in the 17,000 area.

Your setup and mine are not similar at all (except for us both having manuals) but I figured I share my findings.

I tired 30 for the rail on the low end and the rpms would hang a little. slower return to idle.

21 on lld is a bit much under the charger.... wooooops sorry there mr suv :) caught under the charger and low rpm. ones things forsure, fuel isn't boost referenced much :)

Bswope,No leaks on my pump. 2yrs and 25k miles and all is well.

The rp settings on the ssr seem to be very mild. I tried hlrp on 50 with the hld down to 25 and the ramp is still slow and only goes to 25k. I think you guys and myself have been looking at the rp levels like an mp-8 or dr p. , rp value of 50 is like a pressure box cranked up. Well on my truck its not. No matter what rp value I dial in it does not ramp as fast or goes as high as my mp-8 would take it. Im all for a smooth ramp vs spiking but a little faster would be nice.

Sent from my DROIDX

so. my latest combo drives very well. smoke down, spool is quick again. I'm still working on the lld, that may be a little high. I think that LLT is going stay around 15. more duration on the low end is definitly good. still at a loss on the rail.

TQ 1
LL 15/20/22
HL 30/30/26

I know this may be a stupid question but what type of effect/numbers would you use if you have closer to stock trucks?

Mines an 06 with a mp8 air dog 165 and billet trans

I know this may be a stupid question but what type of effect/numbers would you use if you have closer to stock trucks?

Mines an 06 with a mp8 air dog 165 and billet trans

You really won't need the MP8 unless you just like the dial better..

8280eac5.jpg

Ok what do I need? Set it to stock torque, stock rpm, stock shift.
LLT18
LLR 15
LLD 15
HLT 24
HLR 20
HLD 10

Good broad power, EGT's would not go over 1100. But it just seemed slow to spool. Changed to 2 torque, high rpm, and fuel fuel shift or what ever its called. Now its quick spool good power, no smoke but EGTS jumped right to 1150 and would go higher if I let it.

The instructions that came with the SSR are a little vague to say the least... trying to tune for little smoke is almost impossible with my set up and what do they mean by little smoke? If I goose it from a dead stop its gonna smoke no matter what the setting is, so is it cruising with out smoke? or accelerating without smoke? I dont get what they were saying.

10/10/10 on mine would black out the sun for west michigan, the only way I have been able to bring the smoke down some is to first and fore most roll into it easy but the settings are at

LLT 25
LLD 09
LLR 01

If I play with the LLD or LLR at all I smoke like a mother... LLT 20 or 30 smokes more for some reason

I have loaded about 30 different configurations trying to get LL figured out first. I have unlimited access to a dyno but I am not going to bother strapping until I get this figured out.

Oh, and could someone please settle the LL vs HL changeover point? I have had all of my HL settings set to 1/1/1 while I tune the LL and havent noticed any fall off in power which makes sense if the cange is at 2800 rpm as I havent hit that yet.

So is LLvsHL RPM or TPS or something else based? please settle this if you can

The instructions that came with the SSR are a little vague to say the least... trying to tune for little smoke is almost impossible with my set up and what do they mean by little smoke? If I goose it from a dead stop its gonna smoke no matter what the setting is, so is it cruising with out smoke? or accelerating without smoke? I dont get what they were saying.

10/10/10 on mine would black out the sun for west michigan, the only way I have been able to bring the smoke down some is to first and fore most roll into it easy but the settings are at

LLT 25
LLD 09
LLR 01

If I play with the LLD or LLR at all I smoke like a mother... LLT 20 or 30 smokes more for some reason

I have loaded about 30 different configurations trying to get LL figured out first. I have unlimited access to a dyno but I am not going to bother strapping until I get this figured out.

Oh, and could someone please settle the LL vs HL changeover point? I have had all of my HL settings set to 1/1/1 while I tune the LL and havent noticed any fall off in power which makes sense if the cange is at 2800 rpm as I havent hit that yet.

So is LLvsHL RPM or TPS or something else based? please settle this if you can

Load this and test:

TQ 1
Rpms High
Shift defuel Stock (later try it off)
LLT 15
HLT 30
LLR 15
HLR 35
LLD 15
HLD 32

Go try that.

First off you need to make Sure you dont hv any other issues like maybe a boost leak..

LL is not just an rpm thing.
Its going to be a combo of things.
You cant just Mash it and not expext to smoke.
Daily driving is just that, use conservative throttle input and the SSR will smoke less than the competition or even the older Smartys..

HL settings can be fine tuned okay by sop meter but uou will need dyno time to get the most out of it safely...

Try those settings and let me know what it does for ya..

David

Thanks guys, Ill try that setting tommorrow.

I know I am fueled pretty heavy too so that doesnt help but just for the record one of the settings I tried was LLT 15 LLR 25 and LLD 10 and OMFG! I think i dumped about 4 bucks into the atmosphere!

too bad the LL vs HL isnt a little more defined, I could really use the Dyno to my advantage then

Back