SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Oh and tq#1 on all, and high RPM (not that it makes a difference for a stock truck)

Jason I think I read some where your truck is a 6 speed also. Are you getting a surge at 1600 & again at 2000 while crusin. Its not bad but I can feel it every time unless I floor it. Changing torque settings softens it but its still there. Have not realy tryed to trouble shoot yet. But truck doesn't do it with any other tuner

no surge except on cruise control.

truck looked to be movin pretty dam good Greg, you got it dialed into the sweet spot.

Sure did..... wonder if that was with any new settings and which software version.

This is for Marco
I have been tuning with the SSR for about a 10 days now. I have gone thru 90 set-ups since then adjusting all LL and HL parameters on the SSR. This is a very good tuner but I have a small issue with it and I feel as though it is also affecting some of the other posting on here.

Truck fueling configuration:
Dual CP3 stock dodge over stock duramax
70% over stock injectors
Airdog 150
Upgraded rail and HPRV
SPA rail pressure gauge

What I have noticed is that RP actual will not keep up with RP demanded. I feel as though this is why a few of the users here need to use a pressure box to fool the ECM to supply demanded with the SSR.

My current SSR settings (and I have a VERY long list):
LLT- 12
LLD- 9
LRP- 25 I have it set this high to try and keep actual and demanded even
HLT- 27
HLD- 17
HRP-25 Again, I have it set this high to try and keep actual and demanded even

Now based on your instructions and your various posts, I have tried to set it up so my timings and durations are close. The issue for me as far as my truck is concerned is when calculated load is over 40 percent and TPS is over 30 percent at any speed over 55 with the TQ lock-up RP demanded will not match actual and by 3k to 4k psi. For example, @ 55 mph I accelerate, TPS at 35%, Calc load at 42-45%, rail pressure before I initiate the acceleration is at about 15k, Initial acceleration will raise my RP to 18.5K but it will very quickly fall back down to 14-15k. My scanner shows demanded to be 18-20k plus during this event. This low RP leads to lag and loss of power. Even increasing RP setting, while it does help does not solve the issue. I feel it is also part of the reason why adjusting the duration setting and RP setting can be difficult at time. One number in either direction can cause a substantial change in response and performance.

I went back to my other smarty with the TNT program and I do not see the same thing happening with RP as I have seen it with the SRR so I do not feel it is a pump problem.

Thanks Marco for your work!

This is for Marco
I have been tuning with the SSR for about a 10 days now. I have gone thru 90 set-ups since then adjusting all LL and HL parameters on the SSR. This is a very good tuner but I have a small issue with it and I feel as though it is also affecting some of the other posting on here.

Truck fueling configuration:
Dual CP3 stock dodge over stock duramax
70% over stock injectors
Airdog 150
Upgraded rail and HPRV
SPA rail pressure gauge

What I have noticed is that RP actual will not keep up with RP demanded. I feel as though this is why a few of the users here need to use a pressure box to fool the ECM to supply demanded with the SSR.

My current SSR settings (and I have a VERY long list):
LLT- 12
LLD- 9
LRP- 25 I have it set this high to try and keep actual and demanded even
HLT- 27
HLD- 17
HRP-25 Again, I have it set this high to try and keep actual and demanded even

Now based on your instructions and your various posts, I have tried to set it up so my timings and durations are close. The issue for me as far as my truck is concerned is when calculated load is over 40 percent and TPS is over 30 percent at any speed over 55 with the TQ lock-up RP demanded will not match actual and by 3k to 4k psi. For example, @ 55 mph I accelerate, TPS at 35%, Calc load at 42-45%, rail pressure before I initiate the acceleration is at about 15k, Initial acceleration will raise my RP to 18.5K but it will very quickly fall back down to 14-15k. My scanner shows demanded to be 18-20k plus during this event. This low RP leads to lag and loss of power. Even increasing RP setting, while it does help does not solve the issue. I feel it is also part of the reason why adjusting the duration setting and RP setting can be difficult at time. One number in either direction can cause a substantial change in response and performance.

I went back to my other smarty with the TNT program and I do not see the same thing happening with RP as I have seen it with the SRR so I do not feel it is a pump problem.

Thanks Marco for your work!

Very Good Post!!!

I was testing the other night and have driven it a bit since then.
I'm having the same issue but I didn't use a scanner to confirm it.
I was trying to find a way to word this but you just did it for me.

I'm sure Marco will get right on this. I've got to send him an email in a few anyway. I'll tell him to read this when he can.

Thanks!

Very Good Post!!!

I was testing the other night and have driven it a bit since then.
I'm having the same issue but I didn't use a scanner to confirm it.
I was trying to find a way to word this but you just did it for me.

I'm sure Marco will get right on this. I've got to send him an email in a few anyway. I'll tell him to read this when he can.

Thanks!

I think this is what most of us are seeing. Spent all day yesterday and this morning testing my theory just to make sure I was not crazy!

When this gets straighten out....this will be a awesome tuner; better than what is is now. Even with this issue, its nice to be able to drive around in 90* plus heat and barely have any smoke and retain my older TQ setting without having to dial it back.

Meh. I'm still going to put a few hours on the dyno this Friday anyways with this software.

raychem, over 3000rpm, is commanded = actual?

Meh. I'm still going to put a few hours on the dyno this Friday anyways with this software.

raychem, over 3000rpm, is commanded = actual?

Dont know, I have not tried any crazy tuning with this yet. I have only seen 2700- 2800 or so. I have been strictly tuning LL first before I do anything else. But I do feel as though LL affects HL settings.

TQ management also changes all the settings but "how" I really don't know for sure. All I can say it that for me, different TQM setting affect how my LL setting work.

My truck is an 05 auto. I don't know how the 305hp motors react.

Hell, I could just be doing this all wrong! I hope not since what I posted above may be consistent with what others are seeing.

BTW, I only run the SSR, no pressure boxes, tuners, or foolers.

Dont know, I have not tried any crazy tuning with this yet. I have only seen 2700- 2800 or so. I have been strictly tuning LL first before I do anything else. But I do feel as though LL affects HL settings.

TQ management also changes all the settings but "how" I really don't know for sure. All I can say it that for me, different TQM setting affect how my LL setting work.

My truck is an 05 auto. I don't know how the 305hp motors react.

Hell, I could just be doing this all wrong! I hope not since what I posted above may be consistent with what others are seeing.

BTW, I only run the SSR, no pressure boxes, tuners, or foolers.

I agree, the LL settings affect how well the HL settings. For example, Boost, if you can create boost early on, you'll maintain it later on.

TQ, no one will ever know, until EFI LIVE is more out in full force ;-)

As for doing it wrong, I think your LLduration is a little low vs timing to be honest, But being you have an auto, you should be tuning different then I would with a manual.

I agree, the LL settings affect how well the HL settings. For example, Boost, if you can create boost early on, you'll maintain it later on.

TQ, no one will ever know, until EFI LIVE is more out in full force ;-)

As for doing it wrong, I think your LLduration is a little low vs timing to be honest, But being you have an auto, you should be tuning different then I would with a manual.

I run those low setting but it is clean!

Large single, Silver Bullet
Tight converter...in the 85-89% range so pretty tight
3.42 rear end gears which I swapped the 3.73 out for as soon as they were released.

I am 2wd and even with traction bars I will light them up pretty easily.

I think with a revised mapping of RP in the SSR will allow me to run somewhat higher settings.

How are you verifying command rp? Im not questioning your findings. Im in the same boat. Light throttle added,rp goes up medium throttle and rp drops. Full throttle and it is slow to ramp to 25kpsi. I put the mp-8 back on and it doesn't help the ramp speed. It elevates the pressure but after a hard stand on the throttle I get the drop and then rise.

Also I had a strange thing happen yesterday. Had to go haul some hay and used the pod for the first time. Set it to 60 and went about my business. Got done and returned it to 99. Jumped in the truck to back out of the driveway and eased on the throttle and the tires went to spinning and major smoke! Scared the snot out of me. Pushed the clutch in and touched the throttle and with the slightest movement it was instant 3k rpm and insane smoke. If there was a tqm level 10 this is what it would feel like. Messed with the pod and it didn't matter what level ut was at it remained the same. I redownloaded the same settings and that corrected it. Anyone else had thus happen?

Sent from my DROIDX

wow, glad someone else had that issue, I was starting to think that my used part gremlin was biting me on the ass again, started to suspect my used 6.7 top pump. same thing tho, cruising along at 18kpsi, give it a bit of peddle, and rp drops to 14kpsi, then climbs again.

I've always thought the rail never wanted to max out. however I had the same issue with the tnt(r)'s unless I ran software 1 or 3.

How are you verifying command rp? Im not questioning your findings. Im in the same boat. Light throttle added,rp goes up medium throttle and rp drops. Full throttle and it is slow to ramp to 25kpsi. I put the mp-8 back on and it doesn't help the ramp speed. It elevates the pressure but after a hard stand on the throttle I get the drop and then rise.

Also I had a strange thing happen yesterday. Had to go haul some hay and used the pod for the first time. Set it to 60 and went about my business. Got done and returned it to 99. Jumped in the truck to back out of the driveway and eased on the throttle and the tires went to spinning and major smoke! Scared the snot out of me. Pushed the clutch in and touched the throttle and with the slightest movement it was instant 3k rpm and insane smoke. If there was a tqm level 10 this is what it would feel like. Messed with the pod and it didn't matter what level ut was at it remained the same. I redownloaded the same settings and that corrected it. Anyone else had thus happen?

Sent from my DROIDX

Snap on modis scanner, it will give you actual and commanded "desired" RP. I got a hold of a starscan from a friend of mine. I will use it tomorrow to verify what the snap on says. The starscan is better for the Dodges as it will read more parameters and give you access to a few more features. But like you said the RP just drops from under the engine and really never recovers until you really slam the skinny down.

Although I can say that I have not experienced the TQM problem like symptom that you described.

wow, glad someone else had that issue, I was starting to think that my used part gremlin was biting me on the ass again, started to suspect my used 6.7 top pump. same thing tho, cruising along at 18kpsi, give it a bit of peddle, and rp drops to 14kpsi, then climbs again.

Good, more people coming in on this. More feed back give Marco a better chance to narrow this bugger down.

the thing of it is also with my truck, this dip also seems to coincide with my rattle.......

Back