SSR settings and results

dangerous06

diesel tech
Just wanted to start a thread with what works and what doesn't I know all trucks will react different so this is just a post of what worked for YOU!
Some may want to try them and then tweak to their liking or you can start from scratch with these settings recommended by Smarty.
Initial settings:
1) Low Load injection Timing ( LLT )
2) High Load injection Timing ( HLT )
3) Low Load injection Duration ( LLD )
4) High Load injection duration ( HLD )
5) Low Load Rail Pressure ( LLRP )
6) High Load Rail Pressure ( HLRP )

A somewhat close to stock software can be obtained with these setting's:
( All maps of the parameters have been totally redesigned. This makes a direct comparison impossible )
LLT : 15 - HLT : 5 | LLD : 15 HLD : 1 | LLRP : 1 HLRP 1

A somewhat close to TNTR # 7 software can be obtained with these setting's:
( Again it is not possible to directly compare the TNTR software to the SSR. )
LLT : 15 - HLT : 33 | LLD : 30 HLD : 15 | LLRP : 50 HLRP 50
MADS Srl all rights reserved. Revised date : 04 06 2011
Page 5

Please make sure to note the version you are running!

LT 25
HT 37
LD 15
HD 30
LR 15
HR 30
VERSION 1.5
Results were great! Little smokey at times but cleaned up nice. Working on fine tuning the smoke out!

Has anybody worked on a max milage setup yet? A long trip would be great to squeeze every Mile per gallon and then pop the power tune back on!

in the other SSR thread i listed what i was running on my stock dually in got 18mpg hand cal. several times unloaded. With puller on 35ft trailer would get 14mpg. With SSR we sold you Andy.

in the other SSR thread i listed what i was running on my stock dually in got 18mpg hand cal. several times unloaded. With puller on 35ft trailer would get 14mpg. With SSR we sold you Andy.

Thanks Jordan, Sorry for the double thread the other got so big! Just wanted a fresh start with what people were running. This is really cool to work with but nice to try what others are using and comparing! I figure there is a sweet spot for milage as there is for power! finding it is very time consuming not to mention the fuel! I figure at least 100 miles per setting to see what it does.

Once I start my new job I might upgrade to the SSR, a thread like this will really help me since I really wouldnt know where to start on tuning this thing.

Well these are my latest settings and i still have a rattle in H settings!
LT 30
HT 24
LR 12
HR 15
LD 15
HD 10

I'm setting up a SSR on a early 04 auto that is bone stock. Where do I need to start with it. Any ideas?

I too would like to see a little more info on what makes a good mileage tune. the only one I have been able to find was on cf and I am loading this in my stock 06 mega to get some numbers for mileage.
llt 17
hlt 05
llp 01
hlp 01
lld 10
hld 01

says he got 20.4 hand calc over 5000 miles

we shall see

I'm setting up a SSR on a early 04 auto that is bone stock. Where do I need to start with it. Any ideas?

Just curious with what settings you went with and how the truck performs? Did you download the latest version of the software?

I will have to get the numbers. Truck seems to run good almost no smoke. The throttle is pretty touchy.

Torque = 2
LT 18
HT 28
LR 30
HR 48
LD 22
HD 18
Truck runs pretty damn good. This is with a stock charger.

I too would like to see a little more info on what makes a good mileage tune. the only one I have been able to find was on cf and I am loading this in my stock 06 mega to get some numbers for mileage.
llt 17
hlt 05
llp 01
hlp 01
lld 10
hld 01

says he got 20.4 hand calc over 5000 miles

we shall see

I'm surprised the truck even moved! But since most driving is in the low setting he will not have problems till he floors it!

Last edited:
My current settings for milage are:
LT 19
HT 25
LR 5
HR 10
LD 10
HD 12

power is good smoke is minimal and I'm getting almost 20mpg on the freeway!

1.6 and up are alot safer and 0-50 is now a usable range, rather than there being no difference from say 30 up to 50. so it will allow a much finer tuning. Marco has it set so the numbers are set to the max of what he has seen a gain with.

So say in 1.4 hlr max rp was seen on #30 and any number above that showed no gain. In version 1.6 and up hlr on 50 would be the same as 30 on the older versions.

So I'm guessing if I update I will have to start all over again on finding numbers that work well.

Back