Performanceag

Im working on a 2006 mega cab 3500 dually 4x4 6-speed. So far, we have put on

bully dog triple dog+outlook with crazy larry
afe stage 2
arp studs
quadzilla boost fooler
4 in straight exhaust
south bend dual disk clutch

we are running out of power at the end of the track instead of spinning out. he is running an all terrain tire.

what can be stacked with the triple dog without messing up the timing that the triple dog puts in

he wants more power but isn't wanting to spend alot more for it...thanks

a little bit of spray should do the trick. i know with just my BDTD with crazy larry im at a little over 1700 degrees at the end of the track, so i know i don't need more fuel, i need more air first, and a little giggle gas ought to help things. Just my $.02 or maybe a TS MP-8 and intake. Maybe a DIY CP3 mod.
Relentless Diesel View topic - DIY CP3 Mods

I just added an Quad X2 running the 'stack' tune for more rail pressure, it's handy cuz it come with a rail pressure gauge.

you need a pressure box of some sort: edge ez,mp-8, dr. p.

i have a 06 with a triple dog 2.4d, intake, exhaust, quadzilla boost fooler and just added a power puck for rail pressure. works perfectly fine, but i had a few suggestions to swap the power puck with a mp8 for even better results

can you tell much difference with the puck? I'm still running just the Triple dog with 2.4d. What about any difference with the boost fooler? My truck does get pretty hot on the top end. I can hit 1600 to 1700 on a long hard pull to 120 or 130mph. Does your truck run cooler with the boost fooler?

Most current pressure boxes already have a boost fooler function. I don't know about the puck or quad, but Dr.P and MP8 do.

Performanceag, is this a work stock truck? What turbo if any?

Not that a pressure box is a bad idea, it should compliment his combo nicely.

Another option is a set of EDM tips. If you shop around they can be had for around high retail of the MP8/Dr.P. That's another option.

Dex, save your piggies for a turbo before you melt that new truck of yours down. LOL

haha yeah thats what i was planning. I really want a 64/71/13ss or 64/71/14. That ought to keep it cool with stock injectors for a while right? LOL

Edit: How does a stock turbo handle some nitrous? I've seen several kits come across pretty cheap and was just wondering!

can you tell much difference with the puck? I'm still running just the Triple dog with 2.4d. What about any difference with the boost fooler? My truck does get pretty hot on the top end. I can hit 1600 to 1700 on a long hard pull to 120 or 130mph. Does your truck run cooler with the boost fooler?

i can tell the difference with the puck but i think it would be more noticeable if i had fuel delivery like a modified cp3 or airdog/fass cause on WOT i can see my rail pressure getting a little dry lol. thats one of the reasons why im hesitant on going with the mp8. if im getting the mp8, i wanna be sure i have better fuel delivery other than stock. as to the boost fooler, i noticed it ran a little cooler than normal. down here in hawaii we really dont have enough road to be running 120 mph for a very long time before we run out of road, but when i do, i notice no hotter than 1500 so far. oh yea and if u have a outlook monitor, you boost reading will not be correct if u run a boost fooler

i have a TS MPD w/ HUd and i know the boost reading will be off. I ran a Quad XZT for a while and it boost fooled because i knew i was making more boost but max boost it would show was 25. I need some real gauges.