stacking on a 03

truck524

i have a 03 dodge with a dr. performance stage 4 in it rite now and the power is just likes it not there anymore b/c i am used to it. a buddy of mine has a bully dog triple downloader i can use. is there a big power gain if i stack these too or is it even worth it.

thanks james

Yers, you can stack a downloader on top of your Dr. P

But, before you do so. You should have your HPRV (high presssure relief valve) checked on your fuel rail. The DR .P box uses a lot of rail pressure to get its horse power gains and you may be having a bypass isssue due to this. If you are then you will experience a loss of power that could have happened over time.

If not, then have fun. I wouldn't suggest running BD "Crazy Larry" program with your Dr.P box as the rail pressure would try to go to the stratosphere.

Stay with the lower tunes.

~Wes~

The best tool you can have is a rail pressure gauge so you can monitor if it is indeed dropping.If I remember right the bypass is set to open at 25k-27k psi.It is only good for a few openings as the fuel pressure will actually cut the check ball and seat in the bypass valve causing it constantly leak resulting in a lack of performance.Any knowledgeable,experienced diesel shop should be able to test this.Best of luck