Stacks Question

roper88

I want to put stacks on my truck, but I want the stacks to make the split under the bed, I have seen it done before in a diesel mag but I was wondering if any of yall know of a kit that provides that or if its all custom. Thanks!

Ard to do on a Ford with 4WD and standard bed... frame rails are in the way until you hit the front spring hanger....

It can be done, but crossing over the driveline can be a mess and at the end of the day you have more joints and turns that can become future issues.

All the parts you need can be purchased from Grand Rock... go to Grand Rock Website
and download the catalog they have, it's PDF doc and you can start planning your project. My experience is that it tends to cost more money to assemble a kit by part #'s than to purchase the kit.

I fully understand wanting to keep the Pipes out of the bed, but it's alot of work getting around the underbody of the normal PU.

You might also want to consider the fact that you can lose HP with every 90 degree bend. Straighter exhaust is better.
Just something to keep in mind.

I appreciate the feedback the reason I want to split under the bed is because I want to have a fuel tank in the bed with a tool box stacked ontop of it with stacks any ideas of what I could do? thanks!

roper88 said:
I appreciate the feedback the reason I want to split under the bed is because I want to have a fuel tank in the bed with a tool box stacked ontop of it with stacks any ideas of what I could do? thanks!

I've seen combo fueltanks, and toolboxes...though I can not remember where I seen them. If you find one you can do this. We had a customer who put his kit on, and kept the the fuel tank. He says the stacks actually helps keep the fuel warm in the winter....

stack.jpg

pipe.jpg

backstack.jpg

stackssss.jpg

dang that looks good yeah i think im gonna do something like that or what do yall think about building a tank that is a reverse L size that comes up and spills over the diamond plate exhaust guard. then a truck box over it. otherwise im probably do a set up like seen above. Thanks!

Yep, if you price out all the stuff to make your own it's not really that much cheaper to build your own. I've installed a couple of Grand Rock kits & convinced others to buy them too. Well made, easy to install, plan on about a 3 hour job with 2 people taking their time.

That's an awesome lookin rig Josh, was that tank custom made or is there a company that sells them?

roper88 said:
can I run my stacks from my mbrp exhaust
Yep, when you order the Grand Rock kit just state what your current exhaust size is. If it's 4" then it's an easy job of just clamping the flex pipe up with your current exhaust.

Cat_Rebel said:
That's an awesome lookin rig Josh, was that tank custom made or is there a company that sells them?

This was a customers ride. He had the extra fuel tank already...and just scooted it back far enough to allow the stacks to fit in there nicely. He did a really good job, and was really excited when they were done.