stainless steel CR injector bodies

metal_miner

I was reading on TDR that Cummins / Bosch has new stainless steel CR injector bodies.

Does this part supercede the "old style" injector body or is it another option when buying injectors.

What were the "old style" injector bodies made out of?

Anyone know the part # of these new stainless steel injectors?

-Thanks-

Man I hope this is true and It's an UPGRADED body!!!!!

I DO NOT want another melted piston from a bad injector.....

Anyone elese heard of this??

I read about this a while ago, the holy grail of injector body's......pretty sure they make them, thought I seen the Don talking about them. Sorry no part number....

I bought a new set of 04.5up injectors this past summer and one had a stainless steel body, the others were like the old ones. Don even commented on the one. Jay

Part numbers were the same the older ones were made in Jan 08 and the stainless one in april 08.

There is not a specific part number for the stainless steel bodied injectors. All the new production is now stainless. We have been getting some since about March or so. Some of the older steel style are still in the pipeline, but once they are all gone, it will be stainless and nothing else.

They offer a stronger body to avoid cracks in the holder itself, but the other issues associated with CR technology are still there. Its an upgrade for sure, but not a "cure-all"

There is not a specific part number for the stainless steel bodied injectors. All the new production is now stainless. We have been getting some since about March or so. Some of the older steel style are still in the pipeline, but once they are all gone, it will be stainless and nothing else.

They offer a stronger body to avoid cracks in the holder itself, but the other issues associated with CR technology are still there. Its an upgrade for sure, but not a "cure-all"

Thanks for the info Don,

While you have mine there....Take a look at the 3 new bodies that I got from Dodge...Let me know if they are the old or new ones....

Hope you guys have gott'n over being sick....April said that ya'll had both had it.....I finally got over it a week or so ago.....It's not fun...

Yes we have seen Stainless comming through from Bosch but it is not 100% yet. We have ordered some brand new injectors and they came all Stainless. We just recieved the first sample of control barrel and plungers. They came stainless as well. Thanks, Brady

Its about time......... But, bosch never did have a problem with their injectors....right :hehe:

Yes we have seen Stainless comming through from Bosch but it is not 100% yet. We have ordered some brand new injectors and they came all Stainless. We just recieved the first sample of control barrel and plungers. They came stainless as well. Thanks, Brady

Where are these located as per these pictures of a CR injector cutaway?

Which parts in these pictures can be replaced / serviced without getting a whole new injector?

Cr-injector1.jpg

Cr-injector2.jpg

Cr-injector3.jpg

the price of 6 brand new injectors you can pm me I got EPA violator his new injectors

Danny

You will know if they are stainless they look different. Jay

:doh: :rolleyes: I just realized I should have been more specific!

I meant to ask where are the control barrel and plunger located in the injector cutaway pictures?

Are these the parts that are commonly repaired by Don or by Bosch to get remanned injectors?

What isn't repairable by Bosch on these injectors?

The dec issue of Diesel Tech mag has a write-up on them putting in a set of DDP nozzles on a 6.7 and it has stainless looking injector bodies. It caught my eye, but I cant find a pic from the mag online.