Started the P-pump conversion

Light It Up

Now i have a few ?s, It looks like i can use my vp return line with a banjo bolt? Also whats the best way to go about doin the oil line. Should i get a T for the vaccum pump and run the lines to the T? I got a 40lb airdog spring and they also sent me a fitting for the injection pump fuel supply line so that will bolt right on. Ground my 12v housing and mounted my cam sensor relocation bracket. The big thing im running into is finding the throttle linkage. I can go buy everything at Cummins for $331:bang. I think im gana run a kill cable to shut the truck down. Im in the process of gettin a Hamilton cam. Should pry get some Common rail tappets while im in it this far. Figured i can get diff pushrods down the rod. Im gana try running my 250hp vp injectors and see how then work. Ground a # 0:rockwoot: fuel plate out of the stocker. Injector lines are on the way. How does all this sound to you guys????? Anything im leaving out? Will have BUNCHES of pics in the next day or so.

Sounds like you have most of it if you already have lines, gear, etc.

I have brand new Cummins 24v tappets on the cheap if you are interested.

You also might try to PM RonA. He has used many different sets of injectors to find ones that Idle and run smooth. I believe he settled on a set of Dons injectors. I personally have had good luck with .087 or .093" lines. The .120" lines on the trucks I have done made idle a little erratic. However with all the different injector combinations out there for the 24v, you might have to try a few sets to find what you like best. Goodluck with the build

Zach

Oil line- on the "pump" side of the block there are a series of plugs running along (one feeds the vacuum pump) I do not know the metric thread size off hand, but you can remove another of the allen head plugs and put a second oil line in there. this is what I did using -4AN braided line and fittings. I also moved my oil line to the outside of the pump, but you must use a special fitting with a very small orifice to restrict oil flow. if you PM Got-Torque on here, he had some of those fittings machined, they are pretty cheap and makes it very nice and easy to install.

I ran a set of standard 250hp DDP vp44 injectors for awhile with mine, I never changed the pop-off and the only side effect I had was it took a few seconds of cranking to get them to fire. My new DDP injectors with lower pop-off will fire almost instantly when you hit the key. It ran pretty dang good with those injectors, it made 631hp on a late spooling S465 charger that never cleared the smoke.

I run .084 mild steel lines because I heard of too many stainless (.093 and .120) lines cracking from vibration. they are plenty big enough for my set-up.

Ok will do. I dnt spose i could get you to take a pic? THanks
Oil line- on the "pump" side of the block there are a series of plugs running along (one feeds the vacuum pump) I do not know the metric thread size off hand, but you can remove another of the allen head plugs and put a second oil line in there. this is what I did using -4AN braided line and fittings. I also moved my oil line to the outside of the pump, but you must use a special fitting with a very small orifice to restrict oil flow. if you PM Got-Torque on here, he had some of those fittings machined, they are pretty cheap and makes it very nice and easy to install.

I ran a set of standard 250hp DDP vp44 injectors for awhile with mine, I never changed the pop-off and the only side effect I had was it took a few seconds of cranking to get them to fire. My new DDP injectors with lower pop-off will fire almost instantly when you hit the key. It ran pretty dang good with those injectors, it made 631hp on a late spooling S465 charger that never cleared the smoke.

I run .084 mild steel lines because I heard of too many stainless (.093 and .120) lines cracking from vibration. they are plenty big enough for my set-up.

i thought i had pics but i dont. its really hard to see down in there with everything together now.

what did you want pictures of specifically?