Starter issuse

bignazty

I cracker the block in my 5.9l G56. I replaced that with a 6.7 long block took all my electronics and put on it. ever thing has bolted up the way it is suppose to be. I can not get my 5.9 starter to work I have a valair dual disc clutch. I used the bell housing off of my 5.9. I ordered a 6.7 start and it didn't help either. problem is that the starter is hitting the fly wheel botht the 6.7 and the 5.9 starter. been looking and looks like I need a spacer for it like 4/16". has any one done this swap.

Call Valiar there is a spacer for the starter! I love your first sentence!LOLLOL

Last edited:
I cracker the block in my 5.9l G56. I replaced that with a 6.7 long block took all my electronics and put on it. ever thing has bolted up the way it is suppose to be. I can not get my 5.9 starter to work I have a valair dual disc clutch. I used the bell housing off of my 5.9. I ordered a 6.7 start and it didn't help either. problem is that the starter is hitting the fly wheel botht the 6.7 and the 5.9 starter. been looking and looks like I need a spacer for it like 4/16". has any one done this swap.

I dont know if they make any 4/16" spacers. Might be able to find a 1/4" spacer easier.

Back