Starter Relay Power Question

cruzer1971

I am not getting power to the 30 pin on the relay. Shouldn't this always get 12V? When I test the 86 pin with the key turned to the start position I get 12V. I tried to ground the 85pin but the wire quickly go hot. I get no volts to the starter selonid when the key is in the start position, any ideas? I have reviewed the TSB for this problem but am a little confused, I don't see a starter selonid fuse, attached is a picture of my fuse box. I have checked the 30amp ignition run, 30 amp engine control, and 50 amp ignition run/acc and all seem to be good.

This is not an urgent problem because I ran wires into the cab to hotwire it runs with no issues but it would be nice to fix it if I can.

Thank you for all you help!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
Here you go...

69orc8.jpg

Thank you

It mentions fuse 9 30A as the one but on my fuse box that is labeled as a "spare" I will double check fuse 10 50A again and see if that gives it power. Is a 2002 PDC the same as a 2000? seems that is should be but your attachment is slightly different than what is in my truck.

Attachments

• Fuse box labels.jpg
    Fuse box labels.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 0
Also, thank you Mopar1973man for all the information you have posted and your webpage, it has been extremely helpful to me!

well guess you cant believe everything you see. Attached is the configuration of the fuse box in the truck which differs from the fuse box cover so guess at some point the cover was replaced with a different year.

Thank you again for all your help, it was this string that made me realize the fuse box configurations are slightly different between 98-02.:clap:

Attachments

• My Fuse panel.jpg
    My Fuse panel.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
well Attached is the configuration of the fuse box in the truck which differs from the fuse box cover so guess at some point the cover was replaced with a different year.

Man.....would I ever be pi$$ed if I worked on something for a few days and realized someone had swapped the cover. :bang That ain't even cool.

I wish it was only a few days! My first post about was on 5/20/2013!!! but is was a different string that lead me nowhere. I would work on it here and there but still drove the truck because I ran wires into the cab to jump the starter. I knew it was something stupid but would have never thought this. Oh well, guess I learned something

Back