Starting the buildup

78cj7

Ok, I know I am going to get alot of variing opinions doing this but that is what I want, so if you have input in one or more areas please feel free to repond I like to get all of the advice I can before making a final decision. I have a 02 7.3 PSD @ 195k and I would like a bit more power but not a complete racer right now as it is my DD. I just had the tranny rebuilt and the only mod there is a HD TC. I am running a superchips programmer which is out the door as soon as I decide on a new one, I also have a 4" exhaust already installed as well as a K&N drop in (yeah I've been told :blahblah1: LOL ). I have a direction I think I would like to go with my truck but one thing might not work well with another and maybe I am just heading down the wrong path (I've done that before:hehe: ) so here are my ideas for the buildup:

1st: TUNER I was thinking DP tuner with at least the 80 economy , 120 race and 140 extreme (should I get something else?)

2nd: AIR INTAKE I believe Jody said the AFE stage II is what he runs (but what advantage does it have over a stage I?)

3rd: TRANS UPGRADE I know it will be needed eventually but is there anything needed right now?

4th: BOV I am wondering if I need one of these or a boost fooler, as this is about all I think I need at this point.

I know this is not a complete build or even close but I am still going to be trying to use this as a DD for a while and since I average 60K a year in my truck a little more excitement from it would be nice:rockwoot: .

Last edited:
Yeah sounds like you on the right track with the mods, you should think about some gauges as well.

OOPs yep forgot about those I was thinnking of using the F5 from DP with a tripple guage setup mounted above the mirror. I was thinking of a pyrometer and a boost with the F5 being there as well, will that cover it I have the factory guages for trans temp, oil and engine temp.

you should also get an upgraded compressor wheel to eliminate any turbo surge you might get

Well i guess the perma grin has set in :hehe: . i installed the DP with the F5 in the overhead position and love it, man is it faster now :thankyou2: . i also installed a S&B stage II intake, turbo has a bit more noise now which is nice. Now I can quit hearing about how quiet it is from my dodge buddy :kick: .

I installed the F5 in an overhead pod and have a question for you guys, are any ofyou experiancing radio interference from it? I thought I had read something about it but cant remember where now. I sent Jody an email and am sure he will get back to me as soon as he gets back from the hollidays but was wondering if there was something I could do in the meantime:what: