Staxx clamp?

turbowhistler

I am wanting to buy a snigle 7" billet staxx clamp but I can't find any info or prices on them?does any1 know where I can get it?

I got one from a guy on the forum here (bruce) wasn't cheap around $250.00

scot

put yourself in the guys shoes that makes them. I talked to him in length about what he's doing. It's a hobby. He owns a machine shop but, has a day job. He made some for himself and a couple headache racks for some friends. Word got out about the clamps and he does what he can to get them made for people.

He said he's lucky if he makes $40 doing it. The cost of solid aluminum isn't cheap and goes up by the day it seems. He said there's about $170 in making one. Material, labor, machine work, CNC machines aren't cheap either.

Obviously they aren't for everyone but, there are some of us that don't mind paying for quality and workmanship.

thanks Triton. I've seen these clamps go from paper to product and he doesn't make much on them. These things are hand polished before he ships them, stainless bolts and washers for the hardware. If you want to see them super cheap they would have to be outsourced to somewhere other than the US. Keep them Made IN America!!

66cummins said:
thanks Triton. I've seen these clamps go from paper to product and he doesn't make much on them. These things are hand polished before he ships them, stainless bolts and washers for the hardware. If you want to see them super cheap they would have to be outsourced to somewhere other than the US. Keep them Made IN America!!

I struggle with making the larger stacks everyday. We really loose our arse making 8" miters but do it for the love of it.... If nobody else sells them, and the price is what it is.... tell jew boy 5.9 to go back to TDR/

JMO

Blowinsmoke06 said:
There extremly nice

"THE PRICE OF BEIN COOL AIN'T CHEAP"

Agreeeeeeeeee But if the man needs to loose $500.00 to stop the line to make some Staxx, he needs to recoupe the cabbage.

Someone like GRAND ROCK needs to get focussed and take the burden off the back and give us peoples what we want. at the price we can afford
:clap:LOL*bdh*$.02:blahblah1::umno::badidea::st::welcome::pop:

JacktheBear3 said:
I struggle with making the larger stacks everyday. We really loose our arse making 8" miters but do it for the love of it.... If nobody else sells them, and the price is what it is.... tell jew boy 5.9 to go back to TDR/

JMO

:blahblah1:

Last edited:
JacktheBear3 said:
Agreeeeeeeeee But if the man needs to loose $500.00 to stop the line to make some Staxx, he needs to recoupe the cabbage.

Someone like GRAND ROCK needs to get focussed and take the burden off the back and give us peoples what we want. at the price we can afford
:clap:LOL*bdh*$.02:blahblah1::umno::badidea::st::welcome::pop:

What are you tryin' to say Wally? :what: :hehe: Grand Rock is lookin' into manufacturing the 8" stacks. Straight, and miter would be the only style's availble. Problem is, even for us 8" is expensive. Not to mention what chroming would cost! :doh: Like all things, good things will come to those who wait!

JacktheBear3 said:
Sorry for the jab.... but you can't have everything in life for cheap. If you did you'd be in the land of Rice and Saki

you can if you make it yourself

Manufacturers have a tough job. Achieve a quality piece and at mass quantities without makin it to expensive for the average, hard workin, no money makin, complainin, unhappy, Joe. Oh and keep it in the U. S. If you can but I won't pay much if I can get a Chinese one for a third the cost. Gotta love free trade and credit cards.

Hey where did all those jobs go anyway?

tristan21 said:
Manufacturers have a tough job. Achieve a quality piece and at mass quantities without makin it to expensive for the average, hard workin, no money makin, complainin, unhappy, Joe. Oh and keep it in the U. S. If you can but I won't pay much if I can get a Chinese one for a third the cost. Gotta love free trade and credit cards.

Hey where did all those jobs go anyway?

Well put....