std cab long bed 4x4 to Short bed?

IC-Smoke

Oh SNAP!
Hey guys I have been kicking around the idea of shortening the 01 for awhile not but I wasn't sure if I would be hurting myself in the traction section. Weight wise I would gain but Im just not convinced it would be beneficial. I know Devon Lock did his but other than 2wd's his is the only other 4x4 I know of that is a short bed.

Let me know your ideas on the swap. :pop:

Thanks
Ian

I am not trying to tell you what to do but ive seen pics of that truck before I wouldnt cut it up its way to nice for that

You have a beautiful truck Ian, I agree with Jesse I would not shorten it. You can always go bigger with power mods (p-pump, bigger turbo set up, injectors..etc) in order to make up for the weight in place of shortening it. Just my .02 but I would look into that before I went to cutting it.

i've considered the same thing for my RC '03... i can't imagine traction would be hurt, you'd have better weight distribution between the front/rear axles. it should IMPROVE traction.

...and the ability to do a u-turn on a 2-lane road would be, well, damn convenient.

traction improved on my 95 2wd when i did it, weight distrabution approved quite a bit. and i loved the improved turning radius. and personally i think your truck would look awesome as a short bed man, i say go for it!

i'd say go for it that would be pretty neet. dont see stuff like that too often and if there is any advantage to doing it why not?

Back