steed speed exhaust manifold

06Bigblue

Im looking to upgrade my exhaust manifold. does anyone know if a third gen steed speed make more power or flow more than a second gen steed speed. thanks for any help or advise or info

get the 2nd gen

X2 on the 2nd gen style! Steed's were back ordered when I did my swap so I went with one from Stainless Diesel.

1922419_10203675960313563_8405664916054527526_n_zps98a1bdd7.jpg

I have the 3rd Gen on my truck. Love it. Not fond of the 2nd gen route. Too much BS to do. Do a search on here. Dyno graphs and all. You will gain right where the graph says you will.

Any real reason the op wants to go the third gen route, and not a second Gen setup?

only reason id go the third gen route if it gets me the same result with out having to buy more parts to swap and just less hassle.

only reason id go the third gen route if it gets me the same result with out having to buy more parts to swap and just less hassle.

They both get near identical results. Do the search I told you. It will be in the thread.

Personally I prefer the 2nd gen style, especially with the flipped manifold. It's so much easier to get to everything, changing the oil filter is even less of a PITA. I know this has probably been beat to death but it just sounds better now too, if that makes sense?

Back